• I like the look of dead bugs

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some leather cleaner that is 99% water .5% dog snot and .5% cleaner. I am looking for something better than that to use.

·
Registered
653 Posts
You don't have what I use, and what I think most people use. Some water on a paper towel or a nasty sponge.

Armor all, that's nasty, who wants to be lubed up sliding around on their bike?!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
When I picked up my suit from Z Leathers they gave me Lexol Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner. I'm happy so far.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I vote Lexal as well. I have even experimented with it on the leather seats in my car and it does a great job.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Right now I'm going with the damp towel. And let me tell you out here in the country we hit some big ones. Nothing like tearing around through the fields with a pair of wings flapping around on your faceshield.:eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been looking for something to clean my jacket with, so where do you find that Lexol cleaner at?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Rob Nance said:
Armor all, that's nasty, who wants to be lubed up sliding around on their bike?!
WOOHOO, SAILOR! Stop talking like that!
Depends on the size of the bike.... ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
now i've heard a bit of a counterpoint to some of these cleaners. i hear they can actually deteriorate the stitching in the suits, which obviously mean they can tear apart easier if sliding across the tarmac. has anyone else heard of this??

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
her93zx6 said:
now i've heard a bit of a counterpoint to some of these cleaners. i hear they can actually deteriorate the stitching in the suits, which obviously mean they can tear apart easier if sliding across the tarmac. has anyone else heard of this??
I have never heard that, I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Seeing as that is the product that Z's recommends I would have to think that's false. Only because people are paying anywhere from $1,500 to $$$$ for a suit. I wouldn't think that they (Z's) would be recommending a product if it was bad for the suit.

·
Registered
236 Posts
new Lexol

has anyone tried the NEw and IMPROVED LEXOL-PH??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just started using LEXOL a few weeks ago, cleaned my 4 y/o jacket that has seen rain, dirt, birdshit, heat, hail, locusts, brimstone, and carne asada burritos...

The lexol PH cleaner did a great job cleaning the leather and opening up the pores, and the conditioner left the jacket feeling nicer than it has in 3 1/2 years.... worked way better than the Hein Garicke conditioner that I got with the jacket.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Spidi makes a leather care kit that is pretty good... has everything you'll need.

availabe from LP etc

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I am a big cowboy boot person. Nothing but Propert's boot creme or similar substance goes on my boots, cowboy or motorcycle.

On my leathers, it is a terry rag or towel and warm water, or for the full monty, I clean it with (drum roll....) Propert's boot creme. It cleans, lubricates, and puts a nice little finish on it. I take a small bottle with the stuff on my trips to clean off bad road grime if water does not do it.

I have two Dalmatians, and their snot does not clean leather very well, even if diluted with water (snot is protein and mostly water anyway).

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I will remember that this July. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts