Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email from ubly saying this is their last weekend for 2006!

So it's get it now or wait till Spring 2007..........

Saturday Oct. 21
Quarter Mile Testing Noon - 6 pm

Sunday Oct. 22
Quarter Mile Testing Noon - 5 pm (4 pm if poor weather)

I'm there for Sat... got other plans for Sun unless it's 55 or warmer and sunshine (lol)

Ubly Dragway Website

E.

·
Registered
56 Posts
u know i'm gonna be there, got a few more tricks i wanna try, see if it helps.;) Come on guys lets go out with a big crowd this year wonder how many bikes are gonna show? What is the max that have showed E?

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the most was a couple Sat's ago the 7th when I had the rib cook out.. about 25 bikes (I feel bad that I hadn't said anything to Chuck about it - knowing he's been out to Ubly a couple times... but now that a couple of ya are on the board you'll be kept informed)

Most everyone is a warm weather rider and not many usually show for Dragracin.. it's a long drive for them all...

So I was quite pleased to see the turn out that weekend!

Next year when we get warm weather again it sounds like alot of the Sag/Bay City fellas will be coming out more... (the redliners) a couple of their riders have a goal now too (come back to beat me lol)

I would venture to say probably the same will show as this past Sunday...

Oh yeah... that video worked great for me to pull a better quality clip off it... you were trying to edit a MPG format file which you can't with windows movie maker.. you can only edit the audio off that.. what you needed to do was turn it back into an AVI file and then you're free to edit video and audio together like usual.

If you want me to break it up into sections for ya'lls favorite runs let me know and I can do that and post it up for you to down load off that esnips site...

BTW Kevin - next time you use a home DVD to record over... make sure you erase it all FIRST!!! some things are better left unknown :laughing:

E.

·
Registered
56 Posts
DreamRyder said:
the most was a couple Sat's ago the 7th when I had the rib cook out.. about 25 bikes (I feel bad that I hadn't said anything to Chuck about it - knowing he's been out to Ubly a couple times... but now that a couple of ya are on the board you'll be kept informed)

Most everyone is a warm weather rider and not many usually show for Dragracin.. it's a long drive for them all...

Next year when we get warm weather again it sounds like alot of the Sag/Bay City fellas will be coming out more... (the redliners) a couple of their riders have a goal now too (come back to beat me lol)

Oh yeah... that video worked great for me to pull a better quality clip off it... you were trying to edit a MPG format file which you can't with windows movie maker.. you can only edit the audio off that.. what you needed to do was turn it back into an AVI file and then you're free to edit video and audio together like usual.

If you want me to break it up into sections for ya'lls favorite runs let me know and I can do that and post it up for you to down load off that esnips site...

BTW Kevin - next time you use a home DVD to record over... make sure you erase it all FIRST!!! some things are better left unknown :laughing:

E.
I could edit the mpeg 1 file but when i converted it to a mpeg2 it wouldn't work? It would let me do everything but save it. You know more about that stuff that i do, i'm just learnin the multimedia part of computers :) Ment to ask you doesn't that busa slide around with 6psi in the tire? When i backed mine down to 25 i could feel the difference in it, and it was kinda scary at first:eek: i am going to lower the tire pressure some more depending on the track conditions and turnout we get. Looks like it's going to be warmer (55)and sunny so i think the track should be ok even if we get a low turnout. Think the warmest it was on sunday was like maybe 50-51, was a good thing i wore my pants over my leathers :D

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the rear tire at 9 lbs... when I get a new tire on it come spring I'll be starting out at 12 lbs.. but I was told because this tire has seen it's days to go a lil lower and burn the piss out of it LOL.. which I'm still not doing long enough compared to the day Marc was on the side lines motioning for me to continue the burn.. on and on and on.. and on... I gave him the helmet nod of STILL?? and the guy at the box was laughing at me cuz I was like ain't that long enough already :p

E.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
DreamRyder said:

E.
WHAT? RIBS? YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT RIBS!

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
DAMMIT! :cussing; :cussing; :cussing;

insert smilie throwing and kicking stuff here....

:(

:D
:love:
Are you bringing any food or booze this time?:) :love: or female friends?:)

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duner said:
DAMMIT! :cussing; :cussing; :cussing;

insert smilie throwing and kicking stuff here....

:(

:D
:love:
Are you bringing any food or booze this time?:) :love: or female friends?:)
I only do the cook out thing once in awhile... get's a bit expensive when you do it on your own ;)

only female friend I'd be bringin this sat would be one of my daughers... otherwise I'll be alone...

kick yourself good hun.. cuz it was all over that thread about my ribs ;) and it just dawned on me why I had so many left over.. Bluto and OPP didn't show up... last time I did a rib cook out they nearly ate a rack each :p

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not till 6 pm or later....

Ubly Forecast for Sat

High of 52... just wish for more sun in the forecast .. oh well.. I'll be there no matter what.. well unless is raining already come 11 when I wanna head out.. gonna be parked in the same spot (hopefully) pull on up next to me.. the bad axe fellas are gonna be there as well... it'll be good to have a small group of bikes runnin...

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well no rain so far but awfully cloudy.. forecast now say rain to start around 4 pm... but hey 4 hrs of run time is better than none :D

I'm thinkin I'm not gonna hook up too well with the dampness and no sun to dry or heat it up.. so I'll work on my burnout from the box to the line and a new starting stance to see if I can make use of those special rear pegs Lonnie made... I have a hard time balancing the bike the first time I tried it...so this will be interesting.. anyone care to spot me by holding my tail steady :laughing:

E.
see ya'll in a few hours..

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:eek: and I can't even say you edited that to make it sound worse than it was :laughing:

BUT you know what I ment :twofinger

(first I'm tellin Marc to come up and crack the whip on my ass and now I'm askin someone to hold it - freakin A... I need to reread my posts before I submit LOL)

ok back on topic ... I called Ubly and asked if they were gonna call it off or not..

They said right now it's still a go... but if it starts to rain then yes they will call it off..

SOOO if you have a 2 hr drive I'd NOT take off right now...

I'll post back up conditions in a bit and what the latest from the gates.

If you wanna call and keep tabs yourself as well here is their phone number: 989 - 658-2331

E.

·
Registered
436 Posts
man wut a shitty day so far both drag strips aint lookin so good....DANMIT! me and nick were gunna shoot out there and run, we found this out last night at midnight, and now the rain on a saterday. mi sucks. lol need to move back to fl

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yup...a nice steady fall rain in Ortonville too. Never thought I'd have a hard time finding a place to ride dirtbikes in the rain but we're struggling too!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts