Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got a HUGE response to this last time it was posted and to no evail we never went thru with it! Im dead serious here people, its cold out and a Vegas weekend would be bomb. Give me some feedback here for those interested!

Thanks
Sportbikegirl

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As am I. WE could totally make this happen ya know? Especially for west coaster's.....

Spread the word to other forums if you can ....

Tiff

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
If we can all agree on a date (and place) I'll set it up as an announcement.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
YES YES YES!!

REALLY, lets make this happen! My only problem is that I have to work every other weekend so can we plan it around me?? :D I understand its a majority rule type deal, but I would be sad to miss out on it.

So, Im off this weekend (11-11 and 11-12) I work next weekend, then Im off the following weekend... and so on.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Track day at Vegas Speedway!

There's going to be a track day at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sunday, Nov. 26th.

It's being put on by Dale Kieffer at Racers Edge Performance in Vegas.

Call him at (702) 257-3808 for information.

Sounds like a great way to have a "meet and greet" day, doesn't it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AZ Scott!! WHOA what a bomb idea! I am paying my space soon to be in that track day! Can everyone work to hit that date? I'd love to see you guys and this is the perfect opportunity! If you need ideas for hotels to stay at, gimme your budget and ill give u listings....

Robert, time to post it as an announcement!

Peace and hairgrease
Tiff

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Since I have STILL never done a track day, I have a couple of questions: Do you need a special license or permit? Do I need to take some class time before they'll let me on the track? Are you guys gonna scare the crap out of me and make me crash my perfectly unscratched baby? :)

I will see if Im not on call that weekend, but 90% chance is that I will be there!!

Hey Tiff, can you give some info. on hotels that are close to the track? Or does everyone just stay in town? I love the Rio, but its a bit $$ so I would be willing to consider having a roomie if you're not a freak or anything :rolleyes: (That means your Out RcJohn!) ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hay Dude no worries, they have whats called the "Street rider" group and it's for those who don't posess a race license yet...etc etc. Call Dale Keiffer and ask about room info too he may have a good idea. There is a hotel near the track but it's way out on Craig Road near the track away from the city, if thats what you want then Ill look up the info for you....

If any of you posess a military ID then Nellis AFB is right next to the track and they have reallly affordable accomidations.....F16's and R1's in the same vicinity--- god life is good....sigh*

Tiff

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
WOO! HOO!

I will be there!

Ok, it's set then, a Sportbike World meet & greet on the weekend of Nov 25th-26th

I have a track day here in Arizona on the 28th so I'm not sure if I'll be able to bring the bike up and ride it on the street. (I know I won't be able to do the track day up there AND down here for lack of funds).

I will see if I can have the bike street legal for up there, then come back to AZ on Monday and set it back up for the track for here on Tuesday.

Tiff,

See what you can find out about hotels. I will post an announcement and point people to this thread.

Scott, are you planning on going up? And if so are you going to trailer a bike with room for another? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Both me and Theresa will be going up.

#1 If I can find a ride up for my bike (Scott?) then me and Theresa will be taking her car.

#2 If I can't find a ride for my bike I might be able to borrow a truck from a friend.

Woo! Hoo!

While I know this is not much notice at all for everyone, I would really like to see as many people make it as possible!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok remember, talk about who you are compatible with as a roomie to save money too :)

Not everyone has to do the track day too, but hell I am for sure!! hehehe

There is a holiday inn on Craig Road if I am not mistaken in North Las Vegas if that helps you. Robert, Ill email you exacts when I get them k?

Woo hoo this will be bomb!!!

Tiff

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm going to try to make it up there...

I probably won't know until right before that weekend, so if I do come up, it'll be short notice.

Robert, if you have (or can borrow) a vehicle with a trailer hitch, Jack Frost has my little 2-bike enclosed trailer (7' x 10') up in Phoenix, so you're welcome to go get it from him and use it. Let me know if that sounds doable.

Hotels by the track:

There is a Super 8 and a Best Western just down the street from the Speedway, at the intersection of Nellis and Craig.

Otherwise, there are a couple thousand hotels in the city, and the track is straight up the freeway from town, so it's not too bad of a drive.

About the track day itself:

Bike requirements are basic safety-wiring (Oil drain plug and filler cap, oil filter, radiator cap, and hose fittings), good sport tires, and either straight water, or water with Water Wetter -- no antifreeze!

Full leathers (one- or two-piece) are required, and a back protector is highly recommended.

Once again, call Dale for all the details -- (702) 257-3808.

Also, there is supposed to be some information at the Utah Sport Bike Association's website at http://www.utahsba.com/ , but there's nothing listed yet. I don't know why...

But here's the big news:

Freddie Spencer and Nick Ienatsch will probably be in attendance, and there is a strong possibility that another special guest (or guests) will be there. I can't say who it is, but if they show up, you'll kick yourself if you didn't go!

So I'll see if I can't make it Thanksgiving/Vegas/PIR/Firebird, all in a 10-day span -- Whoo hoo!

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Scott,

No problem about the truck, if I can't find one to borrow I can rent one. I already have my own trailer.

Tiff,

While I won't be able to do the track day up there I would like to stay as close to everyone else. Is everyone wanting to stay near the track?

And don't email me any details, post them here so everyone can see them. :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I really want to go but it's on such short notice. I will have to see if I make it. I will know for sure this friday (payday).:D:D

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Ok, I now have a truck. So I'll be bringing the bike. Gonna put the street plastics on it so I can ride while I am up there and then Monday when I get back to Phoenix I'll put the track plastics back on it so I can run my track day down here on Tuesday. :)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Ok Tiff, Ill call the track to get the little details.

BTW, if there is anyone from Southern CA. who wants to prep. their bike at home (New tires, wire stuff or whatever) I will be trailering my bike and will have room for another bike. Let me know, I would be happy to help. :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
riverrunner_2000 said:
if there is anyone from Southern CA.
If I go I'll put the bike in the truck, but how about we meet up and travel together. I've only been to Vegas 1 time and I'm not sure how to get there.

Let me know.:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dan---

Just get to Interstate 15 and it takes you allllllll the way to las vegas from So.California

Tiffany

1 - 20 of 67 Posts