Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,
We're just about 6 weeks out from the event. Let's try and get some sort of body count on whos planning to make it. This way we can figure out what kind of festivities can be planned.

I have 3 RV's coming down and likely another 4-5 riders. We have sites in the Chaparral campground above turn 5.

Please post a note if you intend to make the race, with how many other folks in your party, and where you intend to camp.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm driving the RV down with my wife and little girl. One of my buddy's is bringing a fun mover and another couple is bringing the pick-up/camper with their little race fan.

I understand there's a big contingent from Bakersfield coming up and quite a few from the Bay area.

Nice thing about the RV, I can carry lot's of finely crafted adult beverages & food :D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I and my husband will be there for Saturday and Sunday. 6 weeks?!? That's WAY too long to wait! :drool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I will be driving down in a rental getting to the track about 0030 on Friday morning.

I have no idea where I will be camping. Any reccomendations? I will be sleeping in the car or a one man tent :D .

I am going to be there ALL weekend and cannot wait. I hope the racing is as good as it was at Road Atlanta two weeks ago.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll need to contact Laguna pretty quickly to see about pre-purchasing "F" general camping. Also you need to hit the gate, with a ticket and camping pass before midnight, 'cause they close up the gates (according to published info)

You can contact Laguna at:
(800)327-7322
or www.laguna-seca.com

I recommend you call them, with credit card in hand :D

Do not delay.

See you there.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I already have camping pass. Bought it when I got my tics. Also, when I asked the lady she said the gates would be open all night. Maybe for this race they break the rules. If not. I am in the backseat snoozing until they open in the AM.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assume you already got your passes and tix. The camping info and track location map should have been with them. If not, you can get PDF files from their website. The general camping area is over by turns 10 & 11.

I never know how tight the staff will be about the "rules". Sears Point staff told me emphatically, that "Gates close at midnight!". Naturally, they were open all night and the gate attendant simply waved folks through. Go figure.

Coming from the east coast, you're going to be pretty zonked, so please be careful driving! I'll try and finalize locations with you and you're welcome to stagger over in the morning for a proper cup of "sailor's coffee" :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HOTCARL: is your crew camping at the track? If so, where.
Thanks,
Kev

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tahoe, Racin is still bringing 25-30 from bakersfield,CA. We have 5 RV spots allready bought and paid for. Look forward to seeing you guys there.:D :D :D

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
I am so there!

Yup, I will be there, got floor space at moms about 10 minutes from Laguna Seca, not to mention my girlfriend is getting 2 tickets from a guy at her work. I am SOOOOOO ready for it, not to mention a SBW get together. Has anyone thought about where to meet? Like a definite spot and all?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We're working on a central meeting point now. I'll be up in the Chaparral campground with a few families and I'm talkin' with Racin929 about perhaps connecting at their site. It somewhat depends on how large a crew to expect and how wild :D

I'm inclined to host a gathering early Saturday evening, maybe about 5:30pm, so folks still have time to head into Monterey for the evening. (GP250 qualifying runs from 5-5:30 and is the last track activity for the day). I may do a repeat of the Sears Point BBQ, but will need a fairly accurate body count, so I know how much steak to put in the marinade. I can accomodate maybe 30 people for bbq, but will need some support food (sides) so everyone get's enough to eat.

I'll also do some kind of Racing/motorcycle trivia contest with some prizes as an ice-breaker. There's a number of folks heading over from the Tahoe area, along with a variety of SBW folks, so it will be fun to mix for a while.

At this point, it looks like about 40 folks will check in, but I'd guess (from past experience) that about 20 will make the meet 'n greet gathering.

Please keep checking in if you plan to attend. I hope to finalize the bbq option by July 5th.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Map

Ok guys and gals, got my Laguna tickets, on the back there is a map of the track with campgrounds as well. Hope this helps everyone get a better idea of the track. BTW, my bike will be there, but I won't be riding it over, a buddy of mine will be riding. My wrist is still messed up. :crying:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just one week to go!

There will also be a group of Aprilia riders visiting the BBQ as well as the Sierra Sport Bike Association crew. I look forward to meeting many of you there. I'll be packing about 30 pounds of steak, so be early :D (5:30pm Saturday, Chaparral #8 above turn 5) Look for the Montana RV with KENPO plates

See you there!

Kev

1 - 17 of 17 Posts