Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the pleasure of riding one yet?
A local dealer has one in Kawi green color (?!?) and I plan on demoing (hey, I just made a new word!) it this week. Looks like a bike I could get into LOTS of trouble on!

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tristan:
A local dealer has one in Kawi green color (?!?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! What the h*ll is "(?!?)" supppose to mean?!?

:eek: This smilie doesn't really look embarrassed! No wonder nobody uses it.

------------------

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(?!?) is my expression of shock and surprise that another manufacturer would use that exact color. I grew up riding Kawi dirt bikes, so I like it.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just saw that pic on KTM's website. Impressive that a manufacturer would invite litigation by posting such cool displays of lawbreaking! Not even a disclaimer in sight- "professional rider on closed course, do not attempt, blah, blah"

------------------
'98 Superhawk

S

·
0 Posts
:) nice bike love it my bud has a klr650 another killer bike!

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!

[This message has been edited by Squidwannabe (edited August 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That is how KTM's are. The dirtbikes are the same way (that bike is pretty much a dirtbike with street tires :D :D).

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm... I didn't notice the brake/chain switch. Not as hokey as the left side kick start, good thing it has electric start too.
Tried to test ride the thing yesterday, no dice. Turns out the owner was just riding it (he has another dealership in Akron that carries KTM). There is a KTM dealer just outside of Columbus (reynoldsburg) and I will attempt to snag a ride on one there.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice, but better is coming!

Nice bike, but the one to have is the upcoming Duke 950 v-twin. With 115 rwhp and 349 lbs dry, it will be a world beater.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts