Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I resigned from SBC today...fuck that place. I have a meeting tomorrow morning at 8am with my boss. Can't wait to see how they screw me now...

I'm free...

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you quit how can they screw you? Good luck tho.. Whats your plan?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
wow bro. I didnt expect that. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, they owe me some time. I turned my two weeks and they basically said Go Fuck Yourself and are only paying me through today. WTF? This rant can go on for hours...so I'll spare all of you the pain in hearing the details. If you think SBC is jacked when you call for your home phone, imagine working here. It is so messed up...even in my little space in Government/Education. People are numb...I'm in Office Space Hell...lol

Or at least I was.

I feel sooooo liberated!!:D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wow, I hope you have a back up plan for another job. The way the good job market is going to find a suitable replacement will be rather time consuming. I know most of the private sector is very arrogant and don't give a care about you, best of luck in your pursuits.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
for those of us that dont live in MI... what is SBC?
Southwestern Bell Corp, they were part of Ma Bell back in the day and they are slowly returning things to the domination of old.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Congrats I think.

Best of luck with everything

·
Registered
731 Posts
SBC

Yeah, I'm still mad at them for firing the Time Lady after 75 years. No one uses the Time Lady anymore, except when you have a power outage and need to set your clocks.

That was cold.

Good Luck Doc!

You most probably are going to be busier now that you can devote more time to your personal persuits.

See you around,
Steve

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Not positive, but I believe if you turned in a written notice of 2 weeks and they shit canned you, they will have to pay you for that 2 weeks. I know several people that left companies and came to work at the one I work with and they were giving like 1-2 month notices and knew the company they worked for would let them go right then and had to pay them for the time. Maybe it was just some good compny policies or maybe it is a law. If you were a contractor ...well...you just have to bend over and take it dry.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UglyAngelX said:
Not positive, but I believe if you turned in a written notice of 2 weeks and they shit canned you, they will have to pay you for that 2 weeks. I know several people that left companies and came to work at the one I work with and they were giving like 1-2 month notices and knew the company they worked for would let them go right then and had to pay them for the time. Maybe it was just some good compny policies or maybe it is a law. If you were a contractor ...well...you just have to bend over and take it dry.
I thought that too...which was factored into my plan. Not a contractor, I was direct as a Mid-Level Manger...8yrs in the making this day.

Nah, no back up plan...just going to live off my millions I won in the lotto last night.:D :twofinger

1 - 20 of 33 Posts