Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 GSXR-600 and I have tryed to keep it spotless and shiney but in doing so I think I am doing more harm than good. It seems people that I know that don't take care of there bike end up haveing a better looking bike. I clean it before every ride with either Mcguyers quick detailer spray or other brand of simmilar spray. And remove the spary with a micro fiber towel. I put a coat of Zanio's wax on the bike a few months ago so it has a nice shine but lots of swirls and light scratches. I think in the spring I will have to have the whole bike buffed and then star again with a fresh finish. Does anyone have any sugestions.

·
Registered
447 Posts
you are spending to much time cleaning and not enough riding.
i clean my bike once a week unless i see alot of bugs on it so i keep it clean and i will wax it every other week and sometimes once a week and my bike looks good but remember it is not a shrine or a lawn ornament. now get out there and ride.

i do keep mine in a garage when not riding or at work with it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi jworm49-

How and where is the motorcycle stored? Heated/cooled environment with low humidity or is it outside under a cover? Those could be huge contributing factors to the overall condition of the motorcycle's paint.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
15 Posts
how do you minimize the swirl marks?

what are they from? reminicents of dirt on the paint that scratches the finish?

i tend to get swirl marks like a mother sometimes too...

hey guys, try zymol polish.... its by far the best polish i have ever used... like 12 bucks at walmart, i use the liquid

~mikeym

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
the swirls or fine scratches are from useing dirty wash mits and or dirty wax applicators. im an auto detailer for a high end auto dealership. to help eliviate the swirls, you must use a polish. this will have just enough cutting agent to level out the swirls. use a polih applied with a clean new wax pad, followed up with removing by a microfiber. then use a quality paint sealant. paint sealants will last a longer time than waxes. waxes yellow and wash away with washing. paint sealants last ALOT longer but are a pita to use. if you like pm me your phone # and i can reccomend some quality products and give you a quich "how-to".

dave

here is a pic of my front fender offf my black 1000rr. look at the reflection of my supply cabnet from the fender. absolutely no swirls or scratches. all done by hand with 2 coats of polish and 2 coats of paint sealant.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/2loud2k2xd/shine009.jpg
these are the products i use.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/2loud2k2xd/polishingproducts002.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with sscottab. If people can see swirls in your paint, you’re not going fast enough! But seriously, DemonRR seems to know his stuff. Try out his recommendations but don’t obsess. Just ride.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
buechee said:
I clean mine as needed. I can't see doing that every single time I ride. Here try this stuff, wizards products.

wizards products are great as well. the shine master is a good product. use in direct sunlight and it wont Fc up the paint. i also like their metal polish. works great on my can.

ever heard of black pearl? this is the stuff i use religiously!!!!!

hey man, i wish you were local. id trade off detailing your bike for helping me set up my suspension.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts