Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Li Ion cells goes from 0 to 60 in under a second. That's not bad as long as it doesn't accelerate into a car!

Link

·
Registered
165 Posts
WOW! I think that he has a better idea of what type of monster he has created. with that size slick in the back on concrete it's hard to imagine the power you would be holding back when attempting a burnout. I wouldn't have tried it. loved the gear and safety precautions they took.

·
Registered
892 Posts
ya that was some stupid shit, he had that one coming.....duh!.....i dont actually ride the bike but lets try a burnout with like a 12 inch rear tire that is made to stick when it heats up.......duuuhhh! what could possibly go wrong.......oh and lets make sure were in the middle of the city when we do it.....and lets not wear any gear.....you know when im out there trying to keep 600lbs in one place with 400hp pushing it.....deeeee dee deeeee :dunno:

OH and lets be sure to get it on tape so i can show my gov't buddies tommorrow at the water cooler :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
what happened is he drifted to far forward out of their little wet spot and the tire just did its job and stuck like glue. then his death grip on the bars just held the throttle im sure and then came the minivan.

·
Registered
475 Posts
He was talking about how safe the BATTERIES were....:rolleyes:

Isn't that just how it goes when you're trying to show off in front of a couple of friends...:D

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I intended to post this that same day but I must not have submitted it. Here's Bill's response to the lid question:
I wasn't wearing a helment, because we did not intend the bike to even move!

We were spinning the tire in soapy water. The tire unexpectantly gripped, (water ran out?) and launched the bike. I couldn't get it shut down as quickly as I would have liked. I had to release the front brake to fully untwist the throttle. I then managed to slow it down to about 20 mph.

The positive message here is that when we crunched the battery pack, NOTHING happened. No smoke. No flames. Not even sparks. Not only are these cells more powerful, they are are the safest possible for automobiles.

Also, there was NO ONE in front of the bike or in the possible trajectory of the bike.

Bill Dube

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
no one except for the minivan....

I gotta say when that bike took off, it took off!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts