Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in response to robert's news artical.

that kind of crap erks me to no end. there is another story of a politician who while intoxicated kills a biker and gets nothing, then a couple of years later they name that same stretch of road after the politician!

my 1st accident came 2 days after the purchase of my 1st bike back in '86. when i bought it i didnt have a mc license (did need one to purchase, just to ride- go figure) anyway, i was at a park practicing for the test when an old lady (in a mercedes so i assume she was wealthy) does a classic left turn in front of me and down i went. there was a cop running radar at the same intersection who saw the whole thing- so ive got a witness right? wrong! i got cited for no mc license and the accident was declared my fault because of it!

on a side note: a study was done in NYC on accidents where cars collided with fire engines. in every case the driver of the car "didnt see the fire engine"!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I work for a city street dept here in Iowa and drive a plow truck that is a large dump truck and looks like a rolling disco with all the strobes it has on it, besides being bright yellow. I had a lady blow through a red light and hit me. She was in a hurry to get home from the store because she had something in the oven. Claimed she looked both ways before running the red light and I wasn't there when she looked. I told her she should do us all a favor and put her head in the oven when she got home. She called City hall and I got wrote up for disrespecting the public. Takes all kinds I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts