Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need to know how to take off the the ignition on a 2000 yzf600r i need to get the number from the inside so i can get a spare made thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
It should be two bolts from underside of switch mounting area. I had to remove same from friends FJ and we got to it by turning the forks left-right "just-so" and reaching up from under fairing with long-ass socket extension. Slide extension up along fork leg to target bolt.

I just looked at mine to see and we have much more crap in the way than on FJ, but it appears to be same operation.

I would also suggest getting a few spare keys made. I ziptied one inside fairing innards to use as a spare, should I ever find myself without my regular keys. Has never happened, but for the price of a spare key, it will be well worth it if it ever happens.

Never want to take anything away from this forum, but you should also check out yzf600r.com and the forums there. Bunch of folks from FL there, too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
dito on the check out yzf600r.com I spend equal time here and there, probably more here because i like hearing about all types of bikes, but it is a nice site for our bike, best i've seen for one bike yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts