Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have done the riding around Copper Harbor? Since I have gotten the new bike, I am dying to go back up there and ride those roads. I love that area. Anyone know of a group ride that goes there that doesn't involve long beards and a V-twin?

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
lilrkt said:
How many of you have done the riding around Copper Harbor? Since I have gotten the new bike, I am dying to go back up there and ride those roads. I love that area. Anyone know of a group ride that goes there that doesn't involve long beards and a V-twin?
I've been up there many times, but in a cage. Looks like Steve is setting something up in the next few months. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
almightys said:
I was going to be planning a redline trip around the UP but have not officially set dates yet. but plan was late August or early September
I did one back in '95 on my 89 CBR600. My mom lives on the western end of the UP, hit me up when you plan it, I may not only want to go, but may be able to line up a place to stay midway.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Definately August

Yes, definately in August after black fly season.

They will eat you up.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Re: Definately August

usmeiners said:
Yes, definately in August after black fly season.

They will eat you up.
Shit, they will even eat your bike up. :rolleyes:

We were up there 2 weekends ago, and they weren't all that bad,

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
almightys said:
I was going to be planning a redline trip around the UP but have not officially set dates yet. but plan was late August or early September
Yeah, if you do, count me in. I have not taken any vacation time yet and am kinda reserving it for a trip up there. Just have to let me know a little before for planning.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
I did one back in '95 on my 89 CBR600. My mom lives on the western end of the UP, hit me up when you plan it, I may not only want to go, but may be able to line up a place to stay midway.
That sounds great as it would fit right into my route and plan for the trip.

And I will plan to give at least 3 weeks notice of this trip.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
fasterbusa said:
Do you have any semi-details?
Like, how long you think the trip might be and so on?
Where you might like to concentrate the trip?
ditto :D (since I was cheated out of a six flags trip - gotta fill the void with another... ;) ) Aug will be iffy for me without knowing more but def. interested...

E.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
fasterbusa said:
Do you have any semi-details?
Like, how long you think the trip might be and so on?
Where you might like to concentrate the trip?
would cover the whole UP (stem to stern).
Meet at a UP location on Friday night (either you can ride or trailer). ride all day Saturday one way loop. Ride all day Sunday other one way loop. You can opt to go home on Sunday evening or stay till Monday and ride home.

Lots of shorline, western up mountains, some good places to stop and sight see that I know from snowmobiling the UP and maybe even a glimpse of poeple missing teeth LOL

hows that?

i am trying to aviod doing this the labor day weekend for several reason so weekend before or 1 or 2 after are prospecitve dates. I will have exact final details after my week long 4th of July motorcycle trip in the Carolina's

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Well, offhand, I would say that might be a little ambitious for only 2 days. Not meaning to offend.

Where were you thinking of meeting in da Yoop?

Perhaps another thought might be to take 4 days. Of course, in the summer, it is often difficult to string 4 days together with no rain.

Or do only 1 end of da Yoop and then the other another time?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
almightys said:
would cover the whole UP (stem to stern).
Meet at a UP location on Friday night (either you can ride or trailer). ride all day Saturday one way loop. Ride all day Sunday other one way loop. You can opt to go home on Sunday evening or stay till Monday and ride home.

Lots of shorline, western up mountains, some good places to stop and sight see that I know from snowmobiling the UP and maybe even a glimpse of poeple missing teeth LOL

hows that?

i am trying to aviod doing this the labor day weekend for several reason so weekend before or 1 or 2 after are prospecitve dates. I will have exact final details after my week long 4th of July motorcycle trip in the Carolina's
4 days to cover the UP Minimum, unless you are strictly riding, then you can do it in 2. If you plan on sightseeing, etc, I'd plan on the 4. If you throw in the heewinaw, you're looking at about 700-750 miles for the loop, without too many other side lines. You'll also want to stop in the porcupice mtn, and I can give you some good places to stop at on the western side of the up if you want.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
4 days to cover the UP Minimum, unless you are strictly riding, then you can do it in 2. If you plan on sightseeing, etc, I'd plan on the 4. If you throw in the heewinaw, you're looking at about 700-750 miles for the loop, without too many other side lines. You'll also want to stop in the porcupice mtn, and I can give you some good places to stop at on the western side of the up if you want.
Well im gauging my time line by the trip I did last year which was around the whole shoreline of the lower. This was done complete in 2 days time with lots of stops (i went with two Harley's strted at 8 am on Saturday and ended at home Sunday night 6:00 pm).
As I stated erlier I have not worked out the details but this is a riding trip not a stop at every giant ball of yarn trip. There will be stops and points of interest

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
almightys said:
Well im gauging my time line by the trip I did last year which was around the whole shoreline of the lower. This was done complete in 2 days time with lots of stops (i went with two Harley's strted at 8 am on Saturday and ended at home Sunday night 6:00 pm).
As I stated erlier I have not worked out the details but this is a riding trip not a stop at every giant ball of yarn trip. There will be stops and points of interest
Steve, if you're going to lie, please make it somewhat believable. You expect us to believe not even a day for engine rebuild?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts