Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright....I know that there are plenty of riders around the lexington area, so speak up you guys/girls! I see plenty of people on sport bikes around town, but there needs to be some kind of meeting besides the Thursday night ride that meets down at the waterfront. I went down there thursday and I was thouroughly dissapointed. Beer and bikes is not a good combo in my opinion. There really isn't a ride at all. People just come down and sit, and then you ride home. WTF? That isn't a ride. That is just gay in my opinion. ANYWAY are there people around the Richmond/Lexington/Georgetown or any other plce that they want to drive from that would like to get something together? I am not talking about getting too crazy....just a little twisty riding without all of the stupid chit. Anyone game? I will compile a list if you want to send me an e-mail at [email protected] . I will let everyone know who sends me an e-mail what the heck is going on. Thanks, ride safe,
Later
bRad

·
Registered
139 Posts
then show up!

From the sound of it you need to make a little road trip to Georgetown, Indiana (just west of Louisville on 64) and come along for the MME Ride on May 12th.

You want more info than that then go check out my club page. Details and directions are in the forum page.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Even though i live in indy we own property in rodinson county (by mayslick(sp?)) so i spend alot of time down there. I'll go rideing with you when i get my bike in a few weeks.

P.S. In the area by our farm is alot of freshly paved twisty roads.

·
Registered
38 Posts
re: ky sportbikers

there are plenty of us..and plenty of great roads around you also. if you are interested, be at the dry ridge rest. about 11:00 this coming sunday. the Honda Sport Touring Assoc. is having an informal ride this sunday. starts just south of cincinnati about 9:00, and will be in dry ridge about 1O:30 or 11:00 for breakfast/lunch. from there some people go home, some people go riding. ususally ride down 227 to g.town. i live in northern kentucky, but ride alot of central ky. H-man, chuckc, and others from s. indiana and l'ville area are always fun to ride with also.

I'll probably be putting a ride togeather sometime this summer. if you are interested in riding to the Honda Hoot in june or mid-ohio in july, let me know. I'm planning on both.

patrick
ZRX1100
back in black

·
Registered
139 Posts
Patrick, I feel stupid having to ask. Were you with us last weekend with Chuck? Were you the one that left or the one that went ahead to the fireworks with us?

·
Registered
139 Posts
that would explain it.

Now I know why I couldn't figure out who you were. I'm so relieved. LOL :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't know allot about the area but it next to maysfield? and next to a huge lake I think it's reservoir I'll ask my dad what the name of it is when i get home

·
Registered
38 Posts
re: may(s)lick

mayslick is in the northern part of kentucky, near Maysville, which is on the ohio river between cincinnati and ashland. is is north of Blue Licks State Park, and home to some of the best riding roads in the northern part of the state.

patrick

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. Sounds like I will have to take a trip to maysville. Let me know when you are heading out that way. I can't promise that I can make it (I am a full time student, full time ADT employee, and I manage 2 apartment complexes. Needless to say I would probably have to do some schedule re-arranging to make it out. Laterz,
bRad

·
Registered
38 Posts
re: busy schedule

sounds like you need to get your priorities straight. would you rather eat or ride? seriously, your busy schedule sounds real hectic, but we have alot of summer left.

patrick

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny you should mention that(eating)....with my schedule like it is right now, I have lost about 10 pounds that I didn't want to lose. I had a hard time putting those on when I went over seas and was working out about 3 hours a day, and now I have lost almost all of it. Arg. But I would like to ride if you find yourself down this way. My usual day off is monday, but I haven't been taking it because I have a son/daughter on the way. I will probably start after my child arrives. Let me know if you ride on mondays.
later,
bRad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts