Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am thinking about getting a YZF600R. I currently have a 1999 FZR. The specs for both bikes look pretty similar except for bigger tires on the YZF600R and different suspension and brakes.

Would I be getting a better bike by getting the YZF600R? Thanks for any input.

Jonathan.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Absolutely a better bike for the reasons you mentioned... better brakes, bigger tires and better suspension. :cool: Wife had a '98 that was a lot of fun just too much for the wife at the time. I rode the bike quite a bit while we had it. :) The FZR is a good bike but the YZF is better plus they look better. ;)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
79 Posts
well hobie the yzf is going to be a much better performance oriented bike. Were as the fzr is more of a comfy relaxed machine. All depends what you want.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ha ha! I can't wait until ten years from now, when they'll say, "Oh yeah, those old R6's are nice, comfy, relaxed bikes. They're good for beginners, but they're not really performance-oriented..."

The YZF600R is definitely a step up from the FZR, but it's hardly a cutting edge performance bike like the R6. In the real world, however, you're going to find the YZF is an excellent daily rider, kind of the best of both worlds. Go for it.

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You know what i kinda read hobbies' original post wrong. I thought when he said fzr he meant the base 600(yzf). And that yzf actually meant the R6. Sorry AZ Scott.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jonathan,
I think you will be quite happy with the YZF600R. I had one before my R1 and I thought it was "the" bike for all worlds, comfort, handling, speed etc. It had good suspension with some adjustments, nice acceleration, great brakes and was very comfortable to ride. As far as compared to the FZR . . . I can't say since I haven't rode one.

------------------
Marty

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have almost 12,000 miles on my 00 YZF600R. I ride about 50 miles a day (round trip) to work. It's a great bike. Not cutting edge for the twisties, but a great all around sport bike.

------------------
Jason / Arcanum
AFM #109W

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
the other side of this, springs and valves in the forks and a quality shock (fox, penske) in the back and the fzr is a great backroad bike.

if you commute with as well, your ass will thank you for trading it in.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts