Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and fairly new to sportbikes in general. I've driven the Aprilia 125cc a few times, nothing else. Is the Kawasaki ZXR 400 good for a first bike? I'm interested in bikes with 4-stroke engines.
The L model looks good compared to a lot of the bikes from the mid 1990's. The prices on these bikes seem to be ok as well.
Any other suggestions are also welcome :)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Cant tell for sure, since that bike isnt offered in the states and I know nothing about it. But the EX500 is a good starter...

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
What is showen by the factories is OFTEN not avaliable in North America. Find out what the big four Jpn dealers can obtain from the distributor & THEN you can give more thought as to what is avaliable & at what costs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smitty said:
What is showen by the factories is OFTEN not avaliable in North America. Find out what the big four Jpn dealers can obtain from the distributor & THEN you can give more thought as to what is avaliable & at what costs.
I'm living in Poland and the bike is available in Europe. I didn't know it was not available in America :)
Any non-Americans have experience with this bike?:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm a Polish Canadian. It's good to see a mix of all sorts of people in here. Seems europe has smaller cc bikes and liter cars. Just a different standard due to gas supply. My dad grew up riding a 250 cc in poland, and that was considered a powerful bike at the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mike_drz said:
I'm a Polish Canadian. It's good to see a mix of all sorts of people in here. Seems europe has smaller cc bikes and liter cars. Just a different standard due to gas supply. My dad grew up riding a 250 cc in poland, and that was considered a powerful bike at the time.
Well I'm kind of Polish Australian. I was raised in Australia until I was 12 and I've been living in Poland for the last ten years.
From what I have read on the internet it's a pretty good bike for it's price. I'm planning a long trip around Europe this summer (around July 2006). I'm gathering a couple of friends to go riding. I'm not sure how many miles a day because it will be pretty tiring on sportsbikes, but I have time so it should be fun :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts