Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 83 Kawasaki zx7. Runs great, can go upto 80mph in second gear. However the engine suts down sometimes when I hit the clutch during riding at a taffic light or any other stop.
Any suggestions???

·
Registered
363 Posts
They didnt make a zx7 in 83....

does it feel like your running out of fuel??? maybe its idling to low, be more specific on what its doing....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am sure it is a zx7. i have the title that is what it says on it. and 83 zx7
i know it is not out of fuel maybe it is idling to low, i think it is less than 1000 rpm. how can the make it higher.

·
Registered
363 Posts
yeah if it is a zx7, on the left hand side, the should be a idle adjusting knob, its connected to the middle of the carbs... If you cant find it email me and ill send you some pics.. on what it looks like and where it is...
turn it clockwise (i think) to raise the idle, bring it to 1k rpm and see what happens, ride it around, also check your fuel filter....

[email protected]

·
Registered
363 Posts
its in between the frame and engine, near the starter, right by where your knee would be... its attached to the middle of your carbs... its should be easily accessed...

ill send you some pics tonight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts