Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
The 05 is much slower IMO. I can push it to all it's limits on the street and still need more. I wouldn't even buy one.

But then again, I'm awesome and have sweet sideburns.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Tippmann said:
The 05 is much slower IMO. I can push it to all it's limits on the street and still need more. I wouldn't even buy one.

...and one hand on your tossle. :twofinger

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Tippmann said:

:finger:

Damn kids :cussing;

Actually, very little was different between the years and all the parts are interchangeable between the models excepting the Titanium bodywork which was flat in '05 and was gloss in '06 and the Tribal theme that didn't exist in '05.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
kanwisch said:
:finger:

Damn kids :cussing;

Actually, very little was different between the years and all the parts are interchangeable between the models excepting the Titanium bodywork which was flat in '05 and was gloss in '06 and the Tribal theme that didn't exist in '05.
Bite it old man. You're just jealous cause i'm so wiKKed bad

;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
The 05 had a tranny that was notoriose for shitting itself, i think a minor change was made to rectify this in 06. Kawi tranies are terrible compared to suzi and Honda, except the 07 ZX-6R which is meant to be sweet as. But appart from this these bikes are identical

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
jakeosu said:
The 05 had a tranny that was notoriose for shitting itself, i think a minor change was made to rectify this in 06. Kawi tranies are terrible compared to suzi and Honda, except the 07 ZX-6R which is meant to be sweet as. But appart from this these bikes are identical
That's an interesting statement and I've seen the debate rage on in Kawi-specific forums. I'm still not convinced about it getting toasted except by poor riders but it is a somewhat harsh shifter. I can't count the number of times I've missed the second gear b/c the neutral is so wide. Give me a month though and maybe I'll change my mind if I toast mine at a track day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
smileyman said:
I never had any issues with my 05....I think your thinking of the R6 Yammaha
Trust me mate im over on Kawiforums and there is no end of 05 636 riders that have had the tranny shit itself. I'm not saying that it applies to all of them but it has proven to be a very common problem. You probably got a good one. Kawi trannies are ruff and are notoriouse for it, they have been clunky and noisy on every kawi iv ridden including my little ZZR. That being said im not awear of any other consistent trany failures on any other kawi model, appart from the 05 636

·
Registered
423 Posts
The tranny problems aren't specific to the 05, 06 owners are having the same problems as well. The only real change is the windscreen length. Its a little shorter on the 06 to offer a better view of the tach.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The subframe has been changed from the 04' to the 05'
due the the undertail exhaust switch

same engine and trans

different plastics

other than that I dont know . . . are you looking for specifications
like forks, brakes, suspension, how thick the seat cushion is . . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts