Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may surprise some of you knowing that I am, well, a Hondanut.. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine just brought home a Brand new ZRX1200R from the dealership. Its the first one to arrive in town. He brought it by my house yesterday and actually said "wanna ride it?"

~~"Hell ya!" was my reply and I even let him ride my new VFR.

So anyway, that ZRX is one really, really nice bike!! Its like a sportbike that you sit up on. I dont know if it's because Im getting used to the V-Four engine but that Kawi. 1200 motor is SO SMOOTH! from the start button, through every silky gear up to the 4000 rpm allowed during the first 500 miles that bike is nice! You can tell its got torque from hell and will be a monster wheelie machine!

The tranny, as I said before, is just silky.

The brakes are just like on my 900RR; Very strong.

The suspension is good stuff, as good as on my VFR for sure -maybe better since it has compression and rebound adjustments on the forks which my VFR does'nt :mad: (Still love the VFR :) )

The paint is really cool, nicely applied and finished.

and get this! The thing only cost him a bit under $8000! ~~~for a 1200cc bike!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I considered the Kawaski before I finally decided on the Bandit. There were 2 things that led me to the Bandit that was the newly designed fairing with better wind protection than the Kawasaki and the fact that I could buy it alot cheaper than the Kawasaki, my Bandit was $7000 out the door.:D:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Right on honda nut, the zxr is awesome, I am currently running my one in, and it is all you say, and then some. Great style and finish, together with a killer motor and superb brakes. Front suspenders a little soft and the throttle action a little on/off at low speeds, small complaints really. Overall for what the bike sets out to be , I will give it a solid 9/10 rating. Total nostalgia trip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts