Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know but since the motorcycle i get i have to keep for a long time seeing if i were to get into stunting on done the road i wouldnt wanna be stuck with a bike i couldnt do any thing with.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Understandable, but unless you're in a position where you can afford to fix your bike while you're learning to stunt (and it doesn't sound like you can), I wouldn't be worrying about stunting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah my parents will take care of all that. they now something has to go wrong sooner or later being that i will have the bike for a while.

·
Registered
116 Posts
No offense, but you need to learn how to drive and deal with traffic and how to predict when the guy next to you is about to cut you off. It is great that you are interested in bikes and have the desire to ride, but what you need to realize is that probably nobody here rode on the street until they had a couple of years in a car under their belt. Point #2: You want a bike? Be a man and quit relying on your parents to buy your toys for you. You said they would pay for the damage if you crash. They might take your bike away from you instead of fixing it for you just to keep you alive. Don't have the superhero impression that if you crash, you get up and walk away and fix your bike and on you go. Reality check! People die riding motorcycles! You could die on your first crash and never have the opportunity to ride. Case in point: a good friend of mine wanted to start riding bikes in North Carolina. He went to the store and bought a brand new CBR and 4 miles from the shop on his way home to show his wife his brand new bike, someone cut him off, he swerved and flew off the bike and was then cut off at the knees by a guy wire from a telephone pole that he flew past. He is now in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. Total fun- 4 miles--Total regret, the rest of his life. I don't want to ruin your perception of bikes, but now that I have been riding for over 10 years, I now realize that I didn't know as much as I thought I did about riding or driving for that matter when I first started out. We want you to ride, we just want you to stay alive.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
A few points. No one can tell you if the 650R will be good for stunting, becouse no one owns one yet.. they arent on sale.
Now I realize you think the guys are pretty hard on you right now, but they are right. Unless you live in a small town, there is plenty to learn about negotiating traffic before you get into riding a bike, much less stunting one.

However, there is a solution to your troubles.

Get a dirt bike.
You dont ride it in traffic, but rather an empty field, so the traffic concern is gone.
You can stunt a dirt bike. They are very easy to wheelie, being as light as they are.
The crash cheap. Seriously. All the plastics bend instead of braking, and the frames are pretty solid, so it wont be as bad
The dont go as fast. So if you crash, maybe it wont hurt as much.
While you are out there ripping up the trails you will learn some skills that will help you out once you get a streetbike.

Just remember you gear buddy. It will save your life. Everyone crashes. I'd say 95% of the riders on this board crashed, and probly half more than once. Everyone really gets to love their safety gear after they expirience a crash with and without.

·
Registered
746 Posts
cookeetree= Good to see you're learning how to be a man and stand on your own two feet.

Muhuhahahaha

Plus you live in liberty, MO. take about huge white tails, plus rabbits, squirrels, opossum, coons (the animal kind), wild turkeys, and those huge damn turtles you have in MO. I know cause I lived in that state, and another huge point is the roads in MO suck ass. I know nobody who has been there will disagree with that one. I wouldn't even ride a sport bike in MO. Those rolling hills and bad ass twistys would be fun, but you have all that other shit to worry about.
So buy a truck and when your 18 move somewhere else and get back on this forum and ask for advice then. Please don't make our insurance rates go up anymore. I'm not being mean, just letting you know, so don't tell your mommy on me...

-M-

Sorry I could't resist.:twofinger

·
Registered
116 Posts
Vash is right on point man. dirt is a great place to start. As far as riders go, I have always been a firm believer that there are two types of motorcycle riders: those who have been down and those who are going to go down at some point. we don't want to be hard on you, but sometimes that is what is necessary to keep some people alive. Dirt is great to start out like Vash was saying. Cheap to get in, cheap to fix, possibly less damage to the body and nobody to run you over if you did crash. Some people like to show off, but remember, you have to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run.

·
Registered
577 Posts
leland said:
ya well im just turning 16 on the 28th
get a dirt bike, learn to ride it like a god, then think about riding on a street/sport bike, you will live to be old and fat like me.:) and its easyer to fix a dirt bike if you take a spill:2cents:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts