Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a 2nd ride to learn how to do some stunting activities and then eventually giving it to my brother. I found a 1997 Katana 600 for $2000. Is that bike adequete for stunting, and considering it needs new rubber is it worth $2K? Sorry if this is a trivial question, but you guys (and gals) seem to give good advice on various topics. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I don't stunt bikes, but Katanas are pretty heavy, and the front suspension on those get easily ruined from wheelies. Early 90's Honda CBR is a much better bet. It's not a popular stunt bike at all.

However, $2K is decent...it's what I sold my 97 for a few months ago, with 16K miles and a scraped fairing.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had a Katana. The weight, long wheelbase, and skinny rear tire made it difficult, but not impossible to wheelie. It was easy to do burnouts and donuts on though. It was probably the rider and not the bike's fault.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Horrible idea. The can-o-tuna is junk for stunting. If you want to learn, get something you can actually wheelie. Look on a bunch of stunt sites and ebay. Or try a salvage auction. Thats the best way to get a bike for stunting. Old Honda cbr's are GREAT bikes. They're bulletproof and can be found very cheap. as well as parts. Get a cage for it though. Gear it and rock it. Good luck and have fun! Gear up and ride it high!!

~ The Super :squid:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts