Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year i jetted my F4 after installing a TB slip on, i used a Factory jet kit, i got one of the first kits that Factory put out for the F4, (due to it being so new at that time) well, factory did not have a data base for main jet size, needle settings, pilot screw adjustment for the F4 at the time, so i had to do a lot of trial and error. With the stock filter i ended up with the main jets just a little on the rich side, but the idle and mid range was really good, last weekend i finally installed a K&N air filter. After talking to Factory, it ended up that the mains i had in it all along, were exactly what Factory shows to have for a K&N and a slip on, but my mid range was hesitant, so i raised my needles one clip level.
Now the thing goes like a raped ape :D
So the moral of my story is, don't think you can just take a K&N air filter, throw it in your carburated bike and have it run great, cause you will have to adjust for that extra breathing that the engine is getting.

------------------
texas tornado #2

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank's Muppet Boy, It's nice to know that there are people out there that have had sex with hair covered mamals besides Rugworm. (Mrs Rugrash claims it was a Rogain spill). You might want to post the jet sizes and your altitude. I would like to install a K&N on my 929. I'm pretty sure the f/i will remap itself. I'm also interested in the pcII to remap the chip. By the way where did you get the ape?

------------------
"I See Dead People"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts