Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm 29 yrs old from Orange County, California and I've been motorcycling for about 2 years. :D It was one of those things, where I just got a wild hair up my a$$ and decided that I wanted to learn how to ride a motorcycle. :eek:

I started out on cruisers, my first bike was a 99 Shadow VLX 600, and like an idiot I listened to the salesman who told me that the best way to learn how to ride a bike was to just get on one and go.:confused: I had never heard about the MSF course before and he certainly didn't volunteer the information.:mad: So one day, I was out riding and hit a yellow light on a steep downhill grade, I ended up locking up the rear wheel (I remembered from the dmv handbook to keep it locked :p ) and sliding halfway through the intersection. (luckily for me the oncoming traffic politely waited for me to collect myself and clear the intersection before charging through) This incident and a few other close calls promted me to take the MSF course that I had then heard about several times from (of all people) the guys working the parts counters at several m/c shops. :eek:

I then moved up to a 00 Shadow Sabre 1100, (the 600 tops out at 85 mph) And after riding that for a year decided that sportbikes were more my thing. I just got my Honda Interceptor (VTEC ABS) 2 weeks ago and I love it. I've been lurking on this board for about a week now (especially in the daily rider section) and I must say that most of you seem like an intelligent, enlightened and close knit group of people, with a healthy respect for the power of the machine you are operating

I guess that's all, I look forward to possibly meeting and riding with some of you guys.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome

An excellent use of smilies, I must say. And isn't the 02 VFR just the sweetest? I got two weekends on one (see my photo gallery). My wife said I could get one, but the checkbook said I couldn't. :(

Talk to ya!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts