Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the Fast and the Furious... One cool sportbike scene. The first bike you see is my red 96 CBR900RR. Then right when this gang pulls into their turf, perfect tail shot..."R1"
This gang is toting silenced MAC-10 or 11s (can't tell which)
It was pretty cool (I'm no critic).
Worst cliche line in the movie...."You'll need more than a crotch-rocket"

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Hehehe, I know what you mean. I got all giddy when the scene in Driven had my bike, my buddy Rick was not pleased at all. This is cause Cobe's Nike commercial also has my bike jumping and spliting lanes etc and everytime the TV was on it would show up!

So how was the movie? All I am looking for is fast cars, cars chases, that girl in leather pants etc. I don't care if the plot is weak and if it doesn't have a deeper meaning. When I want that, I will go read Dianetics or something. I just want cool guy stuff.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
silenced automatic weapons on sportbikes. the ladies. NOS tanks bigger than scuba divers. hi-jacking, upclose shotgun injuries... GREAT chases, not too many cliche lines PLUS: I always enjoy when big dude can act (somewhat) and the other main dude is jacked up.
It was good to watch:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought the making of it was better, you got to see the cars a lot more. In the movie the cars were over the top. They should have renamed the movie NOS becuase the entire movie was about NOS (pronounced in movie as nos rather than n-o-s). Like that speedshop that is basically a NOS shop...please...

I did like the loud engine sounds the whole movie and I enjoyed the scene where they smoke the ferrari. The plot was plain dumb. It's an ok movie, definately not EVEN close to what I thought it could be when I was drooling over it 2 months ago.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The storyline did suck ass...but who cares? "It doesnt matter if its an inch or a mile" LOL. Cheesy as hell...but lots of speed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
they were pulling the old movie double redline; you hit redline THEN hit your nitrous and you take off until you hit your second redline.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts