Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my buddy just brought a 04 ZX-10R in black, I think it is a real nice looking bike, here are my thoughts
1. it is geared real high it could use diffrent sprockets may be 2 up in the rear.
2.it is a real smooth bike.
3.it is real fastr and has a ton of power, it is not as snappy as say a 03 R1 which just wants to pull the front up all the time the power is more smooth.
4.It handles like a dream you feel like a pro racer on it the streeing is real precise and it just falls over and goes around a curve like nothing ( is there a way to make my 02 750 GSX-R handle like that?)
5. it sits a lot higher then my bike and feels like the rear is jacked up which I like.

If I where to buy a new one this would be it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
All those good words coming from a GIXXER owner is a great thing :D

I'm looking to check it out at the local dealer as soon as they get one :)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
If I was going to buy something to cruize long trips on, I think I would get a zx-10.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Have heard good things about the ZX-10R BUT, if you're going to buy one wait until next year when they fix the transmission.
It had problems for the press at the intro. They delayed delivery to fix the production bikes. Have now heard stories about it still not working right. EEK

·
Registered
269 Posts
vigis said:
Have heard good things about the ZX-10R BUT, if you're going to buy one wait until next year when they fix the transmission.
It had problems for the press at the intro. They delayed delivery to fix the production bikes. Have now heard stories about it still not working right. EEK
The transmission on mine is as smooth as silk. Many other owners of 10Rs will agree, this is a non-issue.

cdma2k

·
Registered
925 Posts
Tippmann said:
If I was going to buy something to cruize long trips on, I think I would get a zx-10.
Not so sure it`d be the most comfertable bike for long trips, but I havn`t sat on one so who knows... I rode my gixxer to Florida and back, who am I to talk about comfort?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
wantanaprilia said:
Not so sure it`d be the most comfertable bike for long trips, but I havn`t sat on one so who knows... I rode my gixxer to Florida and back, who am I to talk about comfort?
You're just a hardass:cool:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
You know what, i was thinking zx 12 and typing zx10.

·
Registered
269 Posts
UFO said:
Huh? You'd buy THE smallest and most cramped sportbike on the market (besides Ducati)?

Whiskey...tango...foxtrot.
Whiskey Tango Fox yourself, UFO...

It's not a very cramped bike at all. My old CBR was far more cramped.

I'm actually shocked at how much room is on the bike.

But you are correct - I would not choose it for touring - no luggage mount points for one thing.

And, Tipp - I might choose a 9R over a 12R for the touring thing.

cdma2k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts