Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there fellas.

I moved from Michigan to AZ in October to attend M.M.I. As I am a student I am flat out broke so I am forced to put the racing on a back burner for a few years.

Where are the good spots to go riding (twisties only please), is there a local "bike night" ??????
Do any of you guys race or do trackdays ??

Thanks !!
Anthony

·
Registered
269 Posts
I moved from Michigan to AZ in October to attend M.M.I. As I am a student I am flat out broke so I am forced to put the racing on a back burner for a few years.
Well, first, good luck with the training.

Second, yes, we do track days - www.aztrackday.com is one place to start, Firebird Int'l, the racetrack is off I-10 in Chandler/Phoenix (a ways south of the center of town).

Most streets in the city suck for sportbikes, and the freeways (better than in Detroit) are fast and crowded. You didn't say what part of town you'd live in, guessing it's by the school. Anyway, the best ride around - take the Superstition Freeway (US60) to Idaho road, then take Hwy 88 to past Tortilla Flat. Just ride it slowly once you get past Goldfield for your first time...

cdma2k

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive already done one trackday at A.M.P, its a bitch that its no more :mad:

I might be going to firebird on the 15th of this month,,,,,,,,,anyone interested ????????

·
Registered
183 Posts
thegoshow2002 said:
Hey there fellas.

Where are the good spots to go riding (twisties only please), is there a local "bike night" ??????

Thanks !!
Anthony
Welcome to Az Anthony. Check your PM's.

R

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AZ! I also attend MMI, but unlike you, I'm almost done. :cool: Graduate March 19. I live on the westside if ya wanna go for a ride or something. Hit me up with a PM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
R1-Racer said:
Welcome to AZ! I also attend MMI, but unlike you, I'm almost done. :cool: Graduate March 19. I live on the westside if ya wanna go for a ride or something. Hit me up with a PM.
Yeah, I recognize your bike. You go to school in the mornings right ???
Shhhiiiiitttttt I dont graduate until July '05:mad:

R

·
0 Posts
Yup.. I'm a morning guy. Haven't rode in a while cuz I'm a big pussy and it's too cold for me...

·
Registered
150 Posts
thegoshow2002 said:
Hey there fellas.

WELCOME ANTHONY- YOU CAN CHECK US OUT IF YA
WANNA PICKUP SOME RIDING OR HANGE OUT. THEY(WE) ALL ARE A BUNCH OF GOOD GUYS AND PLAN STUFF WEEKLY:D . http://www.teamlostboys.org/

·
Registered
363 Posts
thegoshow2002 said:
Hey there fellas.

Thanks !!
Anthony
welcome to az.. i take your a fan of Anthony Gobert... i used to love watch him race when he was with kawasaki...

I usually setup some rides on sundays,or mondays, with a few guys from this board and others.. there are a lot of great rides out here... it all depends what your in the mood for... as for bike night, check out the Pavillions on saturday nights, then they usually go mill to hang out... mostly a bunch of posers with bikes, claiming that they ride.. everynow and then you ll meet somecool people out there...

ill PM you.. let me know when your available to ride..

also check out www.exhibitionofspeed.net

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all of the replies guys !!!!!!!!:D
I look forward to riding with you all. I dont think I will be able to ride this weekend as I have some sh*t to sort out, but next weekend I will be ready to cause some chaos:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey goshow.. i will be moving there in march... so i will probably be there in a few weeks. registration is april 8th for me.... but i'm gonna be there sooner to get set up and find a place to live..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was just out in PHX two weeks ago man the weather was nice I miss the winters but not the summers my dad lives in queen creek and works for the city of chandler. I also graduated from Apollo H.S. in Glendale waaaaay back in 87. Are the roads up in Sedona still as twisty as I remember.

·
Registered
86 Posts
GrCh35 said:
Yes they are dbgtrider. Really nothing has changed up there but a little more houses.
a little more houses shit it's like they are growing them out there soon enough the valley will be filled up. Right by my dads place in Queen Creek some guy opened a motorcross track damn did I want to buy a bike and ride. The winter up here sucks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts