Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum last year when I first started riding, but for some reason had to reactive my account due to inactivity. Im not really a newbie, but Im new again sort to say....lol....

I sold my '03 R6 about 5 months ago when I moved, and now Im finally back in the market for a used bike. I found a great bike, an Gixxer 750 but I have a question concerning mods that were made to it

The bike's original engine was replaced with a AMA motor from what the seller told me. The seller seems like a genuine guy and I dont think he's hiding anything, but for my own knowledge I just want to clear up some things:

1.) I test road the bike on street and freeway. The bike is super fast, but its hard to maintain a smooth, constant throttle speed mostly in lower gears and cruising speeds. It creates a slight jerking motion at times. I was told that the bike NEEDS a power commander to smooth out the accelartion due to the modigied AMA motor. Would this work if so?

2.) The bike has a new motor but the speedometer still reads the same as the old motor. That seems logical but is there a way to check? is this common for bikes with replaced engines?

Like I said, Ive been riding for over a year now and this is my 2nd bike so I just need advice concerning the new engine and what not. Thanks and glad to be back on two wheels soon!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would stay away from any used bike with a modified motor. And if the motor was used in ama then it would have had a different fuel map as the first mod done to it. :2cents:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome back :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts