Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
yamagirl said:
Thank you, it's the first time I will be working as part of a fire department. I am pretty excited. They're going to pay for me to attend the Fire Academy so right now I am just on as an EMT until I finish the Fire Academy. Nontheless, it's exciting.

col stuff...congrats.

·
Registered
42 Posts
congrats, try not to let the political stuff in the job get to ya, been on detroit fire as a medic for over 3 years and still love it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dfdmedic said:
congrats, try not to let the political stuff in the job get to ya, been on detroit fire as a medic for over 3 years and still love it.

yeah, no shit about the political stuff. That and my chief forgot to warn me about the drama with the wives and gf's. They think I joined the department just to sleep with their husbands and boyfriends. :rolleyes: One of the wives even stormed into the bar last night and started yelling at her husband for talking to me (there were 5 of us sittng around and talking, not like it was just me and her husband) I of course make things worse when she turns to me and says "what the fuck you doing with my husband?" I replied sarcasticly "we're making out." She wasn't to happy with me. Jesus christ, what the hell is up with that stuff. Here I thought it was going to be awesome being a chick in the fire department. I was more worried about being accepted by the guys then I was about their wives. Just the opposite. I have to deal with a bunch of insecure gossiping "we hate the new girl Jane club" pissie females. For crying out loud wtf.

Sorry, had to vent about it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
yamagirl said:
yeah, no shit about the political stuff. That and my chief forgot to warn me about the drama with the wives and gf's. They think I joined the department just to sleep with their husbands and boyfriends. :rolleyes: One of the wives even stormed into the bar last night and started yelling at her husband for talking to me (there were 5 of us sittng around and talking, not like it was just me and her husband) I of course make things worse when she turns to me and says "what the fuck you doing with my husband?" I replied sarcasticly "we're making out." She wasn't to happy with me. Jesus christ, what the hell is up with that stuff. Here I thought it was going to be awesome being a chick in the fire department. I was more worried about being accepted by the guys then I was about their wives. Just the opposite. I have to deal with a bunch of insecure gossiping "we hate the new girl Jane club" pissie females. For crying out loud wtf.

Sorry, had to vent about it.
Sounds like fun times ahead!!!

are you a EMT or -P?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Congratulations Jane!! That's awesome!

Unreal about the wives. How embarrassing for the firemen who have to live with that! Hope it all works out and they get passed that.

Keep us posted on how the job is going!!

Jen

·
Registered
385 Posts
yamagirl said:
I am going to FF-1 and 2 at the same time and then the advanced. Probably Fire Science as well.
Very cool good luck!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts