Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im a newbie to the forum! I'm also returning to motorcycle riding after a 9 year absence. The last bike I had was a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6. Yesterday, I purchased a 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6 Black with red flames. Haven't rode much yet, just home from the dealer. Just wanted to say hello!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, learned a little about the bike just by lurking. The forum helped me decide on the R6. I was considering either the R6, or the Ninja KX6RR, or the Suzuki GSX-R. This bike seemed to be the one to buy to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uh..wheelie? i don't know that I'd even want to TRY to do that :)

can't help you there.

Power curve? if that's the range of power and torgue throughout acceleration and gear shifting, then I'm impressed. The bike has power. Especially over 5,000 rpm. You really feel it move then.

I only have about 95 miles on it and I've had it 6 days now. I work alot so it's tough to find riding time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well considering it's 90 degrees today, riding is a year round activity here in SoCal. The bike does feel light and it's really agile. I feel comfortable on it and I'm not a small guy. I'm 5'11 and weigh 230. My hands get tired a little from the leaning but I think that's just over-nervousness and, lately, I've been doing more gripping with my legs and less leaning on my hands, so it hasn't been that bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts