Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THis is a repost from another forum, but I'm so excited and my girlfriend doesn't get it!

Got it for 8000 OTD after taxes. All it took was a search on CycleTrader for a new 2005 zx-6r, found it 20 miles from my house.

Its supposed to be nice this weekend so I can't wait to put the first mile on her!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrats man, the bike looks sick! Can't wait til i get mine ahh

What had you had before this one?

·
Registered
462 Posts
FloridaMx5 said:
What had you had before this one?
I'm gonna make a wild guess that it's a red 2001 CBR600F4i.

Congrats, ryan! The bike looks awsome. Give your girlfriend a ride on it, and then she'll understand why :thumb:

·
Registered
259 Posts
lateott_156 said:
I'm gonna make a wild guess that it's a red 2001 CBR600F4i.

Congrats, ryan! The bike looks awsome. Give your girlfriend a ride on it, and then she'll understand why :thumb:
:laughing: ya right...what a noob

...oh wait that's me :huh:

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
bittersweetryan said:

Its supposed to be nice this weekend so I can't wait to put the first mile on her!

Almost as good as baby's first steps...:laughing:

·
Registered
892 Posts
beautiful bike dude, great price too!

·
Registered
892 Posts
get those ugly reflectors off asap! at the least their messing with ur pics lol!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since we're on the topic of the 05 zx 636....anyone know a good place to get a turn signal integrator for the rear? I got some nice looking flush mounts for the front but can't find anything for the rear.

Any help would be appreciated, I'll post pics once I get the new setup.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
reggbl said:
Since we're on the topic of the 05 zx 636....anyone know a good place to get a turn signal integrator for the rear? I got some nice looking flush mounts for the front but can't find anything for the rear.

Any help would be appreciated, I'll post pics once I get the new setup.
Clear alternatives should have one. I had one on the z1k (which is the same tail light as the '03-'04 636's) and got one on the zx10. Got nothing bad to say about them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vash, how are the clear alternitives flush mount turn signals? Are they good quality? I was either thinking them or the muzzy's ones.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Havent used the clear alternatives, I found some other brand, which sells the exact same piece, only with yellow instead of clear plastics (which I considered a bonus, because the legality of clear turn signals is questionable, and its only less ticket to try to talk my way out of). Assuming that the two lights are the same in every other way, the quality is pretty good. Trying to get the three screws holding each light in was a real pain, there is not enough room for a screw driver there, but I got over it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info...clear alternatives looks pretty good. Are they easy to put in other than the 3 screws? Do you have to cut the wiring or does it hook up to the stock connector? Just wonder how much work I'm getting myself into.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Keep in mind that I dont know the exact diffrences between the 10 and the 636.
The lights came with stock connectors which was a big plus (I dont mind splicing wires, untill its time to take things apart again). Installation was relativly easy but a serious pain due to "not being able to reach" issues. I took of the lower and side fairings, and then attached the lights to the radiator shrowd (inner lining of the mid fairings). It looked like it was going to be easy, but in retrospect I might have been better off taking off the upper fairings so that I could take off those shrowds and attach the lights away from the bike.
But taking off upper fairings can be a pain as well...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts