Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just ran into this place a week ago while looking for an undertail for my '97 F3. Figured I'd register and say 'ello, looks like a decent place you've got going here.

Here's my current ride.

Since that pic I've added a V&H SS2R slipon and changed the gearing (one down in the front). I've replaced the rear lights with some smaller, more attractive ones. I also removed the stickers from, and painted, that ugly rear inner fender purple, that little bit changed the entire appearance of the bike.

I put on alot of miles, as I use it to go everywhere. Which also means the bike sees alot of boring roads, I only get to the twistys on the weekends if I'm lucky :(

Gear:
  • HJC AC11 - Yellow 'Yikes'
    Yellow Icon Motorhead
    Draggin' Jeans (Anyone ever been down in these? Had a close one in the rain last summer, but stayed on the rubber..)
    Whatever gloves I can find
    Usually high angle 'work' shoes for the feet.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Welcome to SBW...:twofinger

Finally, a new member who isn't a noob asking noob questions.

Theres a lot of experience on here. Smitty has been riding for 60 years and owns 3 sportbikes, ones a 954. You have to learn to speak "Smitty" - it doesn't take to long though. Plus a lot of other people in all areas of riding.

Nice bike, not my pick for colors, but nice...

-M-

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, I guess that's the thing about these colors, people either love 'em or hate 'em. The "F3" graphics are my favorite ones on CBR's, and I'm a huge fan of bright colors :p The price was right too ;) The bike's not really what I wanted, but it's an improvement over my Hurricane and my 81 Kawasaki LTD 750.

I'd kill for an MV Agusta SPR, but that's a pipe dream, when I'm ready for a new one I'm considering a 636 or a ZX9R, a Kawi man from my dirtbike days :)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
Welcome to SBW...:twofinger

Finally, a new member who isn't a noob asking noob questions.

Theres a lot of experience on here. Smitty has been riding for 60 years and owns 3 sportbikes, ones a 954. You have to learn to speak "Smitty" - it doesn't take to long though. Plus a lot of other people in all areas of riding.

Nice bike, not my pick for colors, but nice...

-M-
Heh, I'm one of those newbies:D But I try to keep my idiocy to a minimum and take a few of my fellow :squid: questions. Why did you get rid of that purple?!?! I'm going to be painting my entire bike in a similar color in not to long:drool:

Sepias

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't get rid of the purple, I added purple. The factory inner fender is ugly-as-hell unpainted black plastic with warning stickers. I stripped the stickers and had my boys down at the body shop paint it to match the purple on the bike, cost me a rack of bud :)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
How much bud would it cost me to have them do my bike:D The shipping would probly rip me a new one though. Glad to hear you kept the purple, it would be a crime to get rid of it.

Sepias

·
Registered
980 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
You have to learn to speak "Smitty" - it doesn't take to long though.
lmao, i still havent gotten it completely, but I pick up bits and pieces of useful information :D . I love you smitty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts