Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Suzuki SV650s :squid:

It's been dropped a few times but runs perfect and he has plastic to replace all the scratched up parts(as well as a few other parts that got dinged). One of the new plastic pieces has a tear in it but should be easy to fix moderately well with some fiberglass(though I'll be keeping the old plastic on for this summer incase I drop it myself).

Brand new tires on top of all the replacement parts as well as sliders.

He's throwing in his Suzuki jacket and helmet as well. It is a friend of mine so I know all of the bikes history from the time he bought it and know it has been cared for.

$2450 total. Now I just have to wait till I finish MSF in mid-May to drive it... :crying:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Good choice, glad to hear you got some gear and are taking the MSF first.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Cool, congrats :thumb:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
:cheers:Congrats!

Great choice on the bike and a good deal too. Glad you followed the advice given on the forum.

You've got a great summer ahead of you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice choice of bike for sure. Send me a PM (if it ever stops snowing) and I'll take you out to some nice roads.
No kidding! What the hell happened to my 50 degree weather!? :cussing;

I just spent 40 minutes moving snow and the driveways gonna be full again in a few hours...

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Well according to my knowledge, of weather in my area, one has to be ready for winds, rain & some snow in April.

We had 120 mile winds last evening with leading winds of the day of around 60mph along with enough rain to discourge the trap shooters as they were wasting ammo shooting at clays flying all over the place NOT normal.

The Coquuihalla pass to the west required chains for 18 wheelers to snow tyres on normal vehicles & a number went over the sides.

Best thing is to plan on riding in the latter part of April in my area, while so many insure their bikes at latter part of March while the cold weather & snow clings to the roads which is usually the fault of new riders forgetting in prior yrs of driving cages they were still on snow tyres to windshield washers & wipers were almost daily------the different between riding a m/c & now trying to ride a m/c is right there before their noses.LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts