Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up with a Honda 50, 3 speed no clutch and eventually graduated to a 1984 Honda Interceptor that I rode when I was in college. After I graduated, I kind of gave it up, but I guess it never really gets out of your blood. I'm 39 now and just couldn't wait any longer.

A couple of weeks ago I drove from Raleigh, NC to Chattanooga, TN to pick up my new bike.

I really love the bike, been taking it easy and trying to get used to riding again. I took the MSF course back in October as a refresher. I've got a Shoei Z-II RYU helmet and a Joe Rocket Meteor 5.0 jacket and full coverage insurance.

I want to put some frame sliders on but will have to research it because I know I'm going to have to cut into the fairing.

I've put about 150 miles on the bike so far and am really looking forward to the weather warming up so I can ride some more.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome rip and if you miss the miniceptor I can hook you up with shots of mine ;)

Congrats on the new kid and welcome to SBW!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kan...I would love to see pics of the miniceptor. It was the only way to get around in college. I sold it right after I got out of college and bought a Mustang GT. I really miss the old girl. I often wonder what happened to her.

ack - I couldn't get the link to work. What kind of sliders are you using. I'm thinking about going with yoyodyne, but not really sure. By the way, you will love the RYU. I've got the silver and red one. I was riding last Sunday, about 50 degrees and windy. All was quite inside the lid and absolutely no fogging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts