Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this has got to be the most lonely forum ever. when are you going to bring in some new recruits??

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya ya ya i know :twofinger . but pimping is such a great word and has so many use's you just cant go wrong. thats why i love America:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fair enough.

Cheers to you for realizing that I was just busting your chops!:D There are too many people around here that are spun a bit too tight.........but most of them hang around the Ducati page.;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i have kind of noticed that about some of the people here, but hay they make it all the more fun to piss em off. as i always say if you cant make fun of what ya got why have it any way:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey fatkidwit1eye........aka.....ron schieffer

Whats up bro!!!!!!!!!! Its nate....the guy that sold you the Buell. That thing sure looks sweet with that new fairing you put on it. Makes me wish I hadnt sold it to you. I finally made it to Phoenix....just love it down here....no humidity. My new email is [email protected]

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
hay good to here ya made it down there alright. Glad ya found the site it's pretty fun here and there is alot of people who know there stuff and are willing to help out. Also if you are looking for some people to ride with there are alot of people down there in arizona. Ya how is your lady coming along with learning to ride?
Hope ay stay on this site cause it's pretty fun especially when you are at work or have nothing better to do. catch ya later:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Phat. I had to lie and say you reffered me just so I could reply. It seems strange that they require you to blame someone for wanting to be on the board ;) I think that discourages some people.

I'm trying to dig up the fundage to get myself a Firebolt. That bike was designed from the ground up just for me except for one thing. It needs to be available in purple. :D
It's OK. I have an airbrush and a lot of patience. Besides if I screw up the paint I can always sand it back down to the plastic :cool:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good to see some fellow buell lovers around:D . ya you could say i was talkin to ya;) . Any ways i was a lil bit pissed when they brought out the firebolt i just bought my x1(dont get me wrong i still love her) and then wham there it is. that is one cool looking bike. I heard something in the works for a 1200 that would be a blast(no pun intended). Anyways stick around cause not very many buell riders around here. I feel kinda alone:( but thats cool . if you can deal with some of the people here you will be alright, bark is worse than there bite. most people that trash on buell's have never ridden one or had one bad experience or as it goes..."i heard from a friend of mine". None the less i hope you get your firebolt good luck:thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ya, all the rumors about the rest of the new line-up I keep thinking maybe I should wait. But the things that they could improve (like power or even braking) would all sacrifice the handling and stability that attracts me to the XB9R.

If they came out with a V-Rod powered version I'd still rather save the 30 lbs and get the Firebolt. Now I just need to shave 30 lbs off myself ;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
need to lose 30 pounds...ya i here ya on that one:rolleyes: . i just look at it this way the more i lose the faster i go. so thats my goal. ive read some were that something like every ten pounds shaves a half a second off your 1/4 mile time weather or not it's true i dont know, but it makes sence. On the firebolt arent the brakes on the out side on the rim in stead of in the middle like most bikes. thats a pretty cool set up if you ask me:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buell had to give it an acronym, ZTL (Zero Torsional Load) but the common term is perimiter brakes. They've been on some race bikes for a few years but this is the 1st production bike to get them.

The advantage they have is that the wheel doesn't have to twist when you hit the brakes so it just has to be strong enough to absorb the shock of hitting the bumps and holding up the bike so you can make the wheel much lighter.

No real point in doing it for a rear wheel unless you rim-mount the drive belt or chain as well. Unsprung weight seems slightly more important on the front anyway and if you put a belt or chain out at the rim and pick up a rock in there, well, that's a bad thing ;) Not to mention it would interfere with lean in that direction. You could go gear driven much more safely.

Franco Sbarro came up with a spokeless wheel but they're more for looks than functionallity. For them you HAVE to use perimiter braking because there is no spokes or hub to attach a conventional brake to. The ones Sbarro made used gears on the drive wheels.

Maybe someone with Italian blood and a Ricer attitude will build a bike with spokeless wheels. It'd look neat as heck and probably ride like crap :D I could see it as the next big thing after the SSSA for the rear :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info:thumb: at least now i know what the brakes are called and not calling it "the brake thingy on the outside of the wheel":rolleyes:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hay Black_Snowman

I was just surfing around late last night and i found this pic of a firebolt doing a stoppie i guess those brakes do work:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts