Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best picture for last thursday's bike night.

"DUDE, what the hell? Don't take a picture of me, take a picture of that girl"

A good turn out for the NC sportsbike crew with 50+ bikes and growing every week. We've made a good custom now to meet up and select a new diner then bar.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
So much gear! Did like that pic with caption :cool:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thievery must be low, all that gear just left on the bikes...Don't see anyone using disc locks either. Down there you probably don't even use the fork lock. Hell might be so nice down there that you just leave the keys in the ignition :p

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Thievery must be low, all that gear just left on the bikes...Don't see anyone using disc locks either. Down there you probably don't even use the fork lock. Hell might be so nice down there that you just leave the keys in the ignition :p
It would take a fairly stupid (or extremely brave) person to try to run off with a piece of gear, let alone a bike, given that there was a crowd of riders nearby.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I accidentally left the keys in my bike at Home Depot last week. It was still there when I came out. It's just better in the South. :thumb:

·
Registered
867 Posts
I accidentally left the keys in my bike at Home Depot last week. It was still there when I came out. It's just better in the South. :thumb:
Lol, I left my key on the bike just last night and amazingly it was still there this morning. :loser: Which is odd considering I live in a semi-ghetto city. My theory is nobody wants it 'cause it's not a gixxer. Works out for me though.

·
Registered
867 Posts
That or the demand for scooters is down in your area :twofinger
Man, I laughed my ass of when I read that... But I gotta tell ya, ouch! That's why I want a new one 'cause it's so ugly :p But a ton of people are actually using scooters now around here. It's kind of funny to see but I guess they're cheap or something and traffic is a bitch.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
When I used to leave in an apt. I left the keys in the ignition one night. The next day it snowed, and the weather didnt let me ride for 2 weeks. I had no idea at the time, but the keys stayed in the ignition the whole time. I realized the error of my ways when the weather got better. I also realized that someone started the bike in my absence, since it was in gear instead of neutral.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wow, you got lucky for sure. I'm thinking about leaving mine out with the key in it so I can get a new one. :D Seriously though, I left patio chairs out at my old apartment and they didn't even make it thru the night. Texas must be nice.. lol.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
It is. And you can ride 10 month out of the year.

·
Registered
848 Posts
That brings back so many memories from when I was still learning to ride (not that I'm still not learning, but... you get the picture)

Pittsburgh bike nights were awesome at one time... everyone left their stuff on their bike. A lot of people even left their keys in the ignition. Nowadays, the number of bike nights have dropped pretty severely. Oh well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts