Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is one of your friends over at Jardine Performance Exhaust. To be honest I have been behind the times and have only recently stumbled upon the wonderful world of forums. When I first visited, I immediately searched for "jardine" just to see what kind of a buzz there is for us. I was disheartened to find that there are a large amount of negative posts that include our name. So heres the deal, I would like everyone who has had a good or bad experiance with our company and/or product to please post what it was and describe the experiance. This is not a joke, it is the beginning of a better product! I truely appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Sorry, I haven't commented either way since I have no experiance with them.
But, if Jardine makes 900SS slip-ons, I will test them for a 99 Ducati 900SS streetbike and give you a evaluation of them! :)

P

·
0 Posts
I have no firsthand experience with Jardine exhaust systems, but I have heard lots of negative comments. I have often asked the question, "What is wrong with Jardine exhausts?" because I was curious. No one yet has been able to give me much of an answer. It's all this "my brother has a friend who talked to an acquaintance's cousin and he said they suck" kinda stuff. The only thing that *I* know that I don't like about Jardine pipes is that huge logo plate that wraps almost halfway around the pipe.

Like Jon, I'd be more than willing to do some testing on my CBR929RR. I only have time to test two pipes, a standard mount titanium bolt-on (round), and a hi-mount carbon fiber half system (oval). If this can be arranged, I'll gladly furnish you with a shipping address. ;)

Oh, and welcome to SBW!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
To tell you the truth, I inquired about Jardine here on the forums when I was looking for a slip-on. There was a question about build quality I think that turned me elsewhere. Word-of-mouth is powerful when it comes to interest groups! ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked up a Jardine slip-on for a Yamaha R1 to use on a custom project. I gotta say that even though I haven't mounted it, it is very nice looking. I was most impressed with the build quality of the thing. The weld are very pretty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In response to Pete, we have redesigned our canister badge to about 60% the original size. I think everyone will agree that it looks much better than before. All new exhausts that we manufacture will have the new size badge on them!

·
Registered
766 Posts
For what it's worth, I like the smaller emblem a lot better also. I hope you really plan to do that. As long as we're doing a little constructive criticism, your web site could use a lot of help too. A lot of people (especially those that are found in forums) use the web extensively when searching for or researching a product for their bike. The info available on your web site is pretty limited and appears to be quite a bit behind the times. Personally, I use the web for this purpose and your site gives me a "cheap" or "slapped together" perception that effects my view of the entire company. When it comes to my bike (and spending money) I fear the unknown. For me, you can't have too much information.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Birdman said:
For what it's worth, I like the smaller emblem a lot better also. I hope you really plan to do that. As long as we're doing a little constructive criticism, your web site could use a lot of help too. A lot of people (especially those that are found in forums) use the web extensively when searching for or researching a product for their bike. The info available on your web site is pretty limited and appears to be quite a bit behind the times. Personally, I use the web for this purpose and your site gives me a "cheap" or "slapped together" perception that effects my view of the entire company. When it comes to my bike (and spending money) I fear the unknown. For me, you can't have too much information.
I'd have to agree here...when compared to some of the other manufacturer sites, the information provided on yours is pretty slim. I too gather a whole lot of information from various sources on the web including "word of mouth" and information from the companies website before making purchases. If a company looks like they didn't invest a lot of time or resources in their website (which is basically their online brochure), I tend to skip them and move on to the next one.

Just my .02

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree wholeheartedly with anyone who does not like our current website. I myself would only recommend going to our website to get our phone number so you can call us. I'm pleased to let you know that we are currently working on a completely new website that will hopefully have correct information, pricing and just about everything else a website is supposed to have. I appologize for the inconveniences you all will have if you try to get info. from our current site, please call us and talk to our customer service department for much more reliable answers. Hopefully the new site will be up and running within a month.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Jardine,
Just wanted you to know that I think you're taking an excellent approach to this. Sites like this can really help companies know what "the word on the street" is about their products. You benefit from feedback and we get to voice our opinions and see that you are indeed listening. Keep it up! ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
first off i would like to commend jardine to take the time to talk "to the people". i had never really given jardine much thought for my ninja before, because jardine always seemed lost in the mix. not a bad pipe but never carring the weight of Arkapovic or yoshi. After seeing some of your stuff at Laguna seca i was most impressed by the finish and look of the jardines. (shameless self plug approaching) if you need anything tested on '01 zx-6R a shipping address will be easily provided;)

i would like to have audio clips of your pipes on your new web site much like the two bros. site. a very cool move since it can be hard for those of us in rural areas to know what were getting into.

·
Registered
380 Posts
GSXR 750

Seeing Mat Mladin running around with the Yosh Suzuki probably impresses a lot of riders. I chose my M4 after I saw the emgo team ran them. I know that Honda runs Jardine, but haven't seen too much with suzuki.

I've had many Gixxer riders come up to me and ask what is "M4" simply because everybody who rides communicates. If you have a weak site on the internet, strong word of mouth can support you. Fortunetely M4 has both.

Wouldn't mind running a Jardine full system,because the welds do look very polished.

P

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm very happy with the black alum. high mount slip-ons I've got on my VTR. I wish I had those new smaller labels! The only minor gripe I have is after about 3-4K miles some of the red paint is flaking off the label. I'd also prefer unfinished stainless steel headers instead of chrome for longevity. Overall, great product for the price.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a carbon fiber slip-on with race baffle on my '00 R6. I loved the pipe at the time, but I wadded the bike. When I got ready for a new pipe, I went with one that was a little quieter. I have nothing bad to say about Jardine though, I think they are great pipes and would definitely buy another. The only problem I see is , They are a little pricy for how little is known about them for instance 506.00 for a titanium slip-on was a little much for me. My titanium micron was 450.00, and hey fifty bucks is fifty bucks. Guess I'm just a cheapskate though, Oh well.

Great pipes though nonetheless............

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tristan said:
I'm very happy with the black alum. high mount slip-ons I've got on my VTR. I wish I had those new smaller labels! The only minor gripe I have is after about 3-4K miles some of the red paint is flaking off the label. I'd also prefer unfinished stainless steel headers instead of chrome for longevity. Overall, great product for the price.
It sounds like you bought our "16" series pipes for your VTR. We also offer our "18" series RT-One slip-ons which utilize stainless steel brushed finish headers and are available with an aluminum, carbon fiber, or titanium oval canister. A little bit more expensize though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts