Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had to take this class in college called japanese literature and the arts. it sucked. however, i was curious if anyone knew the name of a book i had to read and actually enjoyed.

it's the story of a guy who gets suckered into moving into this village in the desert and it's semi-underground. because of this, wind blows sand onto the village and it buried the people daily and they send their time digging out the sand. it's an awesome story.

anyone know the name of it???

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
I think you are talking about "Woman in the Dunes".

But don't quote me on that, the last time I was in a "non tech" class was over 10 years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
What the hell am I doing up at 4:30am answering questions about Japanese Literature???

Oh, that's right... I was writing a new backup program for the databases on the server.

Now I need to get my old ass to bed.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Robert: Could the wee hours had started up all this confusion.

I realize you were & always are trying to imporve the Site, but man I seem to be enforced to establish myself far more times on this Site then most others. I simply could NOT even get on sometime like around 8:00 to 9:00am Pacific Time & FINALLY made it now sometime into the afternoon.
Thing is I'm such an old sod that I do not understand the PC lingo or what makes them tick, so confusion beyond belief.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Re: Robert: Could the wee hours had started up all this confusion.

Smitty said:
I realize you were & always are trying to imporve the Site, but man I seem to be enforced to establish myself far more times on this Site then most others. I simply could NOT even get on sometime like around 8:00 to 9:00am Pacific Time & FINALLY made it now sometime into the afternoon.
Thing is I'm such an old sod that I do not understand the PC lingo or what makes them tick, so confusion beyond belief.
http://www.sportbikeworld.com/announcement.php?forumid=31

Sorry about that.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
You are forgiven, as long as your machine will STOP asking me for my name & password ------ it seems possessed!!! LOL

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
robert, overworked, no sleep and correct. i knew if i heard the title....

it's an awesome book. thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
FZR400Tony said:
robert, overworked, no sleep and correct. i knew if i heard the title....

it's an awesome book. thanks.
woo! hoo! I got one right! FINALLY. :)

And yes, it's a very good book. (It has to be for me to remember it all of these years as I try to read at least 15-20 books a year)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts