Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being in the EMT (or similar) field, would you know of a local place to get a good blood pressure kit? I'm looking for an all inclusive thing... multicuff system (infant, child, adult, large adult), preferably latex free, including stethoscope and cute carrying bag. ;)

What brand do you recommend? What is your favorite and which is most user friendly? I tried a friend's out today but I could barely hear anything out of the stethescope. I'm kind of just shopping around right now....

Thanks for any info! :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I usually buy things from here http://www.galls.com/gaweb.dll

Make sure you buy a stethescope where the two ear tubes go into one tube at the top. The divided tubes make it harder to hear.

I use the DynaMed Cuff with the ADC gauge http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=DD002 It isn't the cheapest but it is worth the money. I like this cuff since it has a trigger style release. Also, if you are having a hard time hearing the pulse through the stethescope the needle on this gauge will start to slightly vibrate when you reach the systolic and then stops vibrating at the diastolic. It is just nice when you are in the back of the ambulance and can't hear a thing.

Feel free to ask anymore questions.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know.....now that I'm thinking about it, that stetho did have 2 tubes. I will definitely avoid that. I also like that trigger instead of the regular valve release. Thanks Jane!

:)

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
You can always go to Binson's there on Woodward, west side, 1/2 mile south of 13 mile.

You can go there and ask questions and they will help you with some thoughts. THey are a medical supply place for the public.

Or there is Detroit Oxygen Supply, south of 696 (on the service drive) somewhere around Van Dyke or Mound. They do the same thing as Binson's.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
You can always go to Binson's there on Woodward, west side, 1/2 mile south of 13 mile.

You can go there and ask questions and they will help you with some thoughts. THey are a medical supply place for the public.

Or there is Detroit Oxygen Supply, south of 696 (on the service drive) somewhere around Van Dyke or Mound. They do the same thing as Binson's.
I think there's a binsons near her work too.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
You know.....now that I'm thinking about it, that stetho did have 2 tubes. I will definitely avoid that. I also like that trigger instead of the regular valve release. Thanks Jane!

:)

Ditto on what Jane said about the Steth tubes. The older style bleeder valves are way better than the "trigger" type. You can get a good set from any medical supply store, but galls is a good option as well.

Jon

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Ditto on what Jane said about the Steth tubes. The older style bleeder valves are way better than the "trigger" type. You can get a good set from any medical supply store, but galls is a good option as well.

Jon
I like the trigger one b/c it releases at an even pace. Sometimes when you release the bleeder valve it is turned to far and before you know it, it deflates and you don't get a reading because it released so fast. So then you have to pump it back up to get another one. The trigger releases at the same steady pace every time. That's why I prefer it. There is no difference in the bp reading when I compared them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts