Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a popcorn fart in an astronaut's spacesuit on Mars.

Hit 97 in Baltimore today. I'm going to need to seriously de-stink-ify all my gear at the end of this summer. I'm sure a lot of you are used to this weather in the South and out West, but geez... if it's gonna be this hot all summer, I might just have to turn squid and start riding in loafers, a polo shirt, and stylin' OP shorts. Oh wait, I don't have a Goldwing. Never mind, I guess I'm resigned to sweating it out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh I feel your pain my brutha! Down here closer to DC we have this crappy stuff called traffic! I would rather be on my bike then in my cage almost any day, except maybe days like today. I am one of those always got to have my boots, jeans, jacket, gloves, dome protector on. I have too many scars from my dirtbike to go with any less. I have a new Vanson perferated, but sitting at a light and all that heat coming off the engine........:eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
move to a rural city like where I live. My ride to and from work is 7 miles down a riverside parkway. With 2 sets of cool S-curves might I add.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man, even out in the rural part o' the state (North Harford & Balt counties) where I ride, it's hot as hell. Not too bad when you're moving, but stop at a light or in traffic, and it is sweltering with a leather jacket, back protector, helmet, jeans, gloves, and boots on....... liike I read somewhere in another thread, keep it over 100, and it ain't so bad :)

elcidbob, if I was down by DC, I can't imagine riding with all that traffic! I'd have to break down and dip into the house fund for a perf Vanson like yours. I can just see my girlfriend now: "Don't you have enough stuff? What, you need another jacket?"

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yeah, it's super hot out west. We almost hit 70 today.:rolleyes:

inanima said:
...I can just see my girlfriend now: "Don't you have enough stuff? What, you need another jacket?"
Wow, that sounds familiar. Are you dating my wife? ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yea, it was hot here in Ohio yesterday too. Ducati 748+humidity+traffic= swap ass

Then if sweating me sack off wasn't bad enough, my asshole neighbor comes over to my house and makes fun of me for wearing all my gear. This coming from a twat who rides around in shorts and dock shoes. I don't wish a fall on even the grandest of assholes, but it would serve him right to get some road rash, then maybe he would shut his pie hole.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Munch said:
Ducati 748+humidity+traffic= swap ass
Did you mean "swamp ass?" That's a no shitter...

And don't forget about roasted nuts. Get yourself a carbon fiber seat cowl, and really feel the heat. Umm... ouch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yup, I meant swamp ass. And the roasted nuts are pretty uncomfortable sometimes. I was thinking about some carbon fiber stuff, does it really make much worse. Sometimes owning a legend is a bitch.

Do you know where I can get Remus(?) cans?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I can just see my girlfriend now: "Don't you have enough stuff? What, you need another jacket?" [/B][/QUOTE]

<roflao> I am trying to save money since I am waiting to get laid off, but I go out and drop $400+ on the Vanson. As soon as my girlfriend sees it she flames me! "You can't get me presents or go on a vacation, but you can buy a brand new leather jacket!? what about the one you have?" Note that the one I have is an old cheap Kawi colored leather number. I could stay cooler by turning on the broiler on my oven and climbing in!

Most women just don't understand. Oh well, the boys at the bike shop tell there is a local hottie that rides a green machine. Gotta look her up as I am sure she would understand my plight and get me a set of rear-sets for my birthday!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Munch said:
Yup, I meant swamp ass. And the roasted nuts are pretty uncomfortable sometimes. I was thinking about some carbon fiber stuff, does it really make much worse. Sometimes owning a legend is a bitch.

Do you know where I can get Remus(?) cans?
Yep, the CF seat cowl lends a little heat to yer ass. Not really noticable when moving, but hell in traffic.

Remus cans? There are a number of distributors in the US. Here's a link to some sites you might want to check out:
http://www.dropbears.com/bikelinks/ducati.htm

Good luck.:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks guys. They didn't sound as good as I thought. I think I like the sound of the V&H cans a little better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Send up the heat!

Send some of that heat up the East Coast. It's cold up here. We're getting the damn cold front from Montreal way!

Canada is awesome, but they could really use some better weathre. ;)

I was freezing my a$$ off last night while I was sleeping. Must have been low 50's.

On days like today tough you really enjoy sitting in traffic when the cooling fan comes on. Ahhh... heat! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts