Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so maybe I am a little overly excited, but after waiting almost 2 weeks my Two Brothers full exhaust is here for my bird. Even had enough time last night to bolt it on, and now all I can say is "WOW!!!" It truly has transformed the bird from a very quiet potent machine to a snarling beast that sounds as fast as it really is! Next up I have to install the Config. 10 jet kit and a K&N filter, hopefully this weekend. Although I am a little confused on this issure because Two Brothers specifically states on their web site that you do not "NEED" a jet kit for any of their exhausts, but you would probably want one to exploit the full potential. BUT, almost everyone had told me that you do "NEED" a jet kit with a full system or you will start burning valves up and possibly even worse from running to lean. I don't understand why Two Bros. would point out that you don't need one, if you will do serious damage to your bike if you don't? Can anyone help me to understand?

Kyle

------------------

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Kyle,

A jet kit is not needed for all full exhaust systems. I didn't need one for my older ZX9R with a full Muzzy system. But the jet kit will normally enhance your bike performance.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts