Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, we hit 110 degrees, third day of 108+. So on the way home from work today, I decided to not wear my jacket and I put it away in the backpack. It's actually, too hot for that and I will ride with my jacket even when it's this hot. The windburn is worse than the sweating.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Livin' in the South sucks! :( It's a little different here, sometimes it is so hot and muggy you can feel the humidity condense on your cooler skin. Kind of a neat feeling, but after a while you are just wet with sweat. :(

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wah, wah, bloody wah!

I swear, whiney Yanks, the lot of you.

I'd much rather have it ball-sweating hot than bollock-freezing cold and wet.

Sure, you've got to watch and not faint from the heat buildup, but anyone up north or over the pond would LOVE the chance to ride 364 days a year. I know I do.

Yours in good-humoured jest

:)

The Flying Scotsman

------------------
Austin Bikers on the Web

·
Registered
405 Posts
I feel your pain! Today we got lucky and the high was in the mid 80's and tomorrow will be in the 70's! But by in the end of the week it will be back in the up 80's :D

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time

·
Registered
468 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RF900R:
Wah, wah, bloody wah!

I swear, whiney Yanks, the lot of you.

I'd much rather have it ball-sweating hot than bollock-freezing cold and wet.

Sure, you've got to watch and not faint from the heat buildup, but anyone up north or over the pond would LOVE the chance to ride 364 days a year. I know I do.

Yours in good-humoured jest

:)

The Flying Scotsman

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that!!! Some people are just never happy. I guess that the grass is always greener.....

------------------
Rossco.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D :D :D

I am just saying that if we happen to go body side down, that we will get 2nd degree burns from just lying there on the pavement, while we rethink the whole last 15 seconds of our lives :rolleyes:

Yes, I do like the hot South much better than you chilly Northerners :cool:

Just after I wrote this the temperature hit 111 degrees, as our new high.

I used to live in Turkey, and it would hit 100 degrees by 9am, and our warehouse would reach 150 degrees during the hot season.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600

·
Registered
83 Posts
The way I look at it is you can always add clothes to get warm. You can only go so far legally to get cool. If I went naked on the bike when it is 100+, where would I put my keys!!! :D :D

------------------
95% of Harley Davidsons are still on the road today,
5% actually made it home!

Bryon Hart
Ocala, Fl
95 ZX-7

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully, in the ignition :rolleyes: :p

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dallas hit 111 yesterday and it was 116 in the stands at the Cowboys game and 140 on the field
Now I know what it's gonna feel like when I get to Hell :)

------------------
Dave fzR1

"When I grow up.. I wanna be a SQUIIIID"

[This message has been edited by ratsalad (edited September 05, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
110, 114, I don't want to hear it. That's just another day here Phoenix, AZ. try 120 with 85% humidity.

If want to stay cool and not suffer wind burn try putting a sweater on when you ride. It sounds crazy but it works. (As long as your moving)

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

·
Squid
813 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VYPIR:
110, 114, I don't want to hear it. That's just another day here Phoenix, AZ. try 120 with 85% humidity.

If want to stay cool and not suffer wind burn try putting a sweater on when you ride. It sounds crazy but it works. (As long as your moving)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm wondering why there all fussing over the heat, it is just another day for us AZ guy/girls. Even hoter in Yuma than Pheonix.

------------------
John

http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/1144987
"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart" - e.e. cummings

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A sweater :confused: Aren't those for old people :) My Cordura jacket keeps the sweat in and the wind out and if I am lucky sometimes I can get a breeze to go up thru the wrist openings to cool me off. I am thinking perferated leather jacket next.
I thought that AZ was supposed to be a dry heat :D Still suxs - hot is hot.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600

·
Squid
813 Posts
Yeah, dry heat :confused: that's what they say. July and Aug are the extreme humidity months. I guess you could say winters are dry. The whole thing about the sweater is wearing something with a little perforation, not a cordura jacket, so you can breathe a little without the elements giving you a serious heat blast. I think that's what VYPIR is saying.

------------------
John

http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/1144987
"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart" - e.e. cummings

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yeah, I think I saw the sun this morning sometime... It was gone most of the day behind the Texas-size cloud over Seattle.

You can always add a layer to stay warm or dry, but you can't add traction.

(OK, maybe those Keith Code things with the outriggers would keep you up for a while)

------------------

·
Registered
74 Posts
I feel your pain and then some. I live in Vegas, this summer it was 114 most days. At 9:00 at night it was 107 degrees still, and most bikes were having operating problems sitting at any stop light for anything longer than 2 seconds. Hell, if it's 32 degrees out, Im still riding. If it's hot out , Ill still ride too. I rode in Oregon in December when it was 23 degrees out and patches of ice in spots on the road...very very carefully of course :D

------------------
"It only counts on a racetrack"
See my website: www.sportbikegirl.com

S

·
0 Posts
Amen Tiffany!

You guys gotta get a thicker skin! :)
Put those nail files down, forget the hand cream and go ride. ;)

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

[This message has been edited by Squidwannabe (edited September 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
987 Posts
That's alright, Squid, the temp. will be perfect for riding down here right about the time you're hitching up your huskies for their first big run of the year!!(Now where did I put that Noxzema)!!

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Leon,

Noxzema is out, UDDER CREAM is the way to go!

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

·
Registered
205 Posts
atleast you guys know that you will be able to ride your bikes most of the winter.

do you know what i had on my car window this morning...

frost that's right frost, so shut up :mad:

ps - please :D

------------------
Nick
"You meet the nicest people on Hondas"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts