Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I'm new on the board, I'm in the market for a bike, I'm looking for help, and I'm turning to you. Here's my situation:

Bike 1 is a '93 Suzuki Katana 750 with about 20,000 miles. It's in mint condition, has never been down, and has a fair amount of aftermarket work done to it. It's got a Vance & Hines pipe, headers, jetted carbs, an open intake, and a shorter rear sprocket (yay for wheelies, I guess). It's been well maintained and just had new brakes installed. It does need a new rear tire, however. It's blue. The guy is asking $3000, I got him down to $2800.

Bike 2 is a '95 Honda CBR600F3 also with about 20,000 miles. It's not in as good a condition as the Katana since there is some rust action going on around the pedals. The frame is clean. It has a small scuff on the fairing where it fell over in the driveway. It needs a new chain and could also use a new rear tire. Aside from that, it's in good condition. It's major weakness is that it's the infamous purple and white paintjob which is more than a little emasculating. :( That aside, I'd be paying $2600 for the bike which nicely includes a cover.

Insurance is about a push on both bikes. The blue book for the Kat is about $2800 and it's almost $3300 for the Honda (!!!).

I'm leaning towards the Honda... what would you do?:thumb:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
F3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts