Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There ya go then lads ... MotoGP 04 done and dusted.... and another chapter into the SBR books as the MotoGP support race: Part Two.

Got about an hours worth of video and I think there are a few other lads with some bits and pieces. I'll see what I can do and get some stuff spliced together for a 'Mollies' night viewing.

It will prob be next week .. this week I'm in KL till Thursday afternoon.

So then, thoughts on the event .....

The MotoGP itself was choice, and the biggest impression this year was the NOISE !! .... fark has it got louder or what !! And you still see more on TV ... but it just is not the same as being there.

As for our lads, talk about putting on a good show !! .... and impressed to see the a large percentage of the crowd stayed on to watch it all.

Umm ... I got the poor lads 999s doing a barrell roll ... ouch .... and saw it all happen .. so if we have any of the 'Northern Contingent' reading all this ... and the lad wants a copy of it for memory sake ... it's on me.

Downers for the weekend .... obviously the spils on Friday must have been shite but I wasn't there so can't comment but I was around on Sun to see the BC's machine in the pits (I never saw the 'incident'). Damn farkin shame if you ask me cause he looked like he was havin a right time of it out there and I had my money on him showing that wippersnapper 'Ronald' aka Yellow McPeril a thing or two. Once again BC my time is free if you want me to get into it with a bit of No 8 wire.

Cheers ....

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well well...

Moto GP - What can I say.

That was without doubt the best time I have ever had on a bike.

I would like to thank all of you who egged me on to do it - Gareth, Nigel, and Legend - You are all Legends.

Thanks also to all those with hints, help and advice - Wilson, Joe, Big Phil, Slasher, & Simon

And thanks also to those that let me put stickers all over their R1 - Yellow McPeril, and to the various camera operators - Olly, Max, and Nigel (again)

Lads - What a top weekend - Thanks to you all for letting me in on the fun.

:D :thumb: :D :thumb: :D :thumb: :D :thumb:

Ok, off the emotional soapbox - Piccys and video to follow - Ledge - Best we get together - Olly caught that 999 spill on my video camera as well - and I certainly want a copy of your vid mate

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well ... THERE it is .. the name we have been searching for ..... Yellow McPeril... with fries.

Well done Chumstar .. it was a hoot to see you out there and it would be fair to say that there is a disproportionate amount of you on my vid ...

What's this shite about 'deliver it round' ... on the 'upgrade' wagon are we ... taking that 999R are we .. ??

·
Registered
726 Posts
Oi Oi

Just thought you were keen to get into the ducati market - what better way??

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Oi Oi

Chumley said:
Just thought you were keen to get into the ducati market - what better way??
True .. except :

1. I saw you flocking the crap out of the poor thing ..
2. It must be underpowered or something, cause you were riding like a Legend out there on Sunday yet your times are still not in the 2.20's ...

·
Registered
726 Posts
LARD ARSE

Ledge -

1. I changed the gearing for the road - and forgot to change it back for the track

2. In case you haven't noticed, I do have a HUGE ARSE and a definite 30kg weight disadvantage over Nik of time - so I thought I was doing well to keep with him

3. I didn't want to shag it too much before you bought it

4. It looks the nuts

5. I mangaed to shed no less than 18 seconds off Friday's times - not bad for my first time out methinks

CAHHHHHNT!!!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: LARD ARSE

Chumley said:
Ledge -

1. I changed the gearing for the road - and forgot to change it back for the track

2. In case you haven't noticed, I do have a HUGE ARSE and a definite 30kg weight disadvantage over Nik of time - so I thought I was doing well to keep with him

3. I didn't want to shag it too much before you bought it

4. It looks the nuts

5. I mangaed to shed no less than 18 seconds off Friday's times - not bad for my first time out methinks

CAHHHHHNT!!!!!
Right .... in reply:

1. Ya daft caaant
2. I noticed
3. You did
4. True
5. Legend.

Anyway ... WTF ( which is not What TF .. but WHY the F##k) you wobbling on about selling it. I thought you were happy with your girl ... so come on then ... you came down with me to Minerva to help me make my mind up ... and in the process convinced yourself to but the 996SPS ... right ?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Its all yours

Ledge - Go for it - The 996SPS, 999s or 999R are all yours - I am not going to tread on your toes mate.

I'm thinking of selling the bike and buying a van - It's the way forward. Hey wait a minute, if I sell my bike, what can I put in the.... hmmm.....

:D

I am very happy with the 996 mate - just thought you were going to make me an offer I couldn't refuse (Calm down Boycie, this is NOT your cue)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No mate ... I can't be buying your lovely cause I've made the decision (at least until 2pm today) to hold onto 'my girl' but give her a cheap makeup job so when she gets a right good shafting and it all starts to run-away-from-me ..... fingers crossed it doesn't cost to much.

And speaking of Boycie ... did anyone else notice that he SHOULD have wicked back problems ??.... that stomach looks SICK ...

Boycie ... you ever been tested for dual sex organs ?? ... I think you have extra 'stuff' in there that us blokes don't have .. like a fark off big uterus and ovaries the size of melons .... It would also go part way to explaining why you are such a poof ...

And speaking of poofs ..... did anyone else notice how 'slightly' gay Slasha's new leathers looked ... just a touch 'Village People' if you ask me .. but then that is the fickle touch of fashion. So long as your at the top, you can to what the fark you like and it's considered COOL .... but if your not at the top ... your a CAAAAAAAAANNNTTTT :squid:

Oh yes, nearly forgot ... I am sure you all noticed what a Legend I was over the weekend :drool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
nutther one over

What a brilliant weekend still cant really believe we rode on all that rubber left in amazing places by machines that sounded jet fighters only minutes before.

Chumley and I were right chuffed to be part of it. Thanks for the company mate :thumb: would have been pretty dull out there without the 996 club brightening the empty parts of the track.

Think I'm coming down with flu - Y.McPeril coughed, sneezed and wafted past me so many times. Well done all you quick guys - pretty impressive performance all round.

All in all pretty pleased to have survived 4 nights at the boot camp - worried they might start giving me air miles.

Looking forward to the vids and photos at mollys. Thanks to the support crew and cameras.

Sad isnt it - just one more MSS to go. Lets make it a full turnout. There still a few of you with licences, a bike and no points.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I couldn't agree more with previous chroniclers - it was a great weekend. Due to being decked out with the flu for 10 days I didn't decide to go up until saturday morning and even then it wasn't an easy decision, it was pissing it down in Singapore but after a phone call to Blue Cat and hearing the weather in KL was good I decided to go.

Having secured a McDonald's sponsorship (Big Mac's at 0% off for the rest of my life, see pictures below where my chief mechanic is carefully securing the stickers to the bike) I was expecting to do well in the race. Due to an oil spill incident on friday our sump plugs had to be wired and I thank Tug and team for helping me with that.

But since I missed qualifying I started from the back of the grid, pretty awesome seeing 40 bikes in front of you, I was so far back it was difficult to see the lights...(probably says something about my eyesight). After a good start I threw it all away at turn 4 when I decided to pass another 5-6 bikes but overshot and ended up in the gravel, coming out on the track I was again last:crying: :crying: . I worked my way through the field passing Blue Cat in the process (I can live on that for the rest of my life:D :D ) ending up 18th. I was pretty happy with that considering I had just (partly) recovered from flu and having ridden 350KM from Sing in the morning. Alright, alright, I know I'm a legend...

On Sunday we were originally scheduled to race at 11am but because of the oil spill incident our race was pushed back to 4.30pm. So we had to watch the GP boys with butterflies in our stomachs but it was still fantastic to see these guys sliding around the corners, their bike control is truly amazing! It often seems Rossi has bad starts, is this on purpose so he gets to pass a few guys to keep himself entertained?

After the GP guys had finished we were let out on the track. Starting from 18th on the grid I managed to gain 6 places ending up 12th after some exciting passing manouvers. The saddest sight was seeing Blue Cat crashing out right in front of me right before turn 11, bike and rider tumbling in the gravel. :hurl: :hurl:

The lap times of most riders are coming down a lot and the standard has clearly risen a couple of notches since last year. Matt Patterson managed a sub 2'20" lap with Brent Odgers and Lee Ching Hooi not far behind, very impressive!
:thumb: :thumb:

And then putting the mirrors and pack rack back on the bike for the trip back to Sing. On the way back reflecting on the weekend the highlights for me was passing and able to beat both Blue Cat and Simon Graham. The sad happenings was BLue Cat crashing and Silva's bad luck (he managed to loose the key to his bike and had to hot-wire it!)

So who's got footage from the race? We must get together to "re-live" the day.

As Nik_of_time said, there is only one round of MSS left this year so let's make it a good one with a good showing of people.

'Nough said...

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
New race bike technology

I thought my new dry-sump Gixxer performed brilliantly all weekend and purred back to Singapore yesterday morning very happily. My weekend was only spoilt by 'friends' insisting I put some oil back in. The snapped engine mounting bolt and weeping fork seal really helped the handling too. And losing my handphone meant I could go out and buy a nice cameraphone yesterday. The only other low spot was coming nearly last and two seconds a lap down on last year despite scaring myself witless. Oh no, I forgot, after race 2 my footpump decided to let all the air out of my front tyre.

Actually I'm surprised that I haven't been the subject of more 'discussion' on the forum. Fortunately Big Phil did manage to get the story promptly to the Hash so I was a right celebrity there last night.

Factually, there's nothing I can add to what you already know about my contribution to the weekend's excitement. Apologies to Simon, Johann (I think it was) and anyone else who came to Sepang to race and ended up sliding into the gravel. And many thanks to Tug and Phil for spannering and to all those who loaned tools and chemicals.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1-4,
Johan didn't fall off becuz of the oil, he was T-boned by the Kawasaki ZX6...

Anyway, whatever problems we experienced pales in comparison to the guy on the Telefonica Movistar rep GSXR1000. Crashed hard on Sat, bending the subframe, cracking the frame tabs, repaired it all night, bought s/hand fairing/seat unit, only to lose his wallet (money, passport etc.) on the way to the track Sun, whilst out looking for his lost stuff; totally discharged battery, had to be pushed back to the track (from Concorde KLIA), upon arrival; punctured rear Pirelli:crying: :crying: :crying:

Needless to say, he didn't race Sun...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts