Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check the classified section of this board for the following new ads:

Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots size 9.5
Alpinstars GP Tech gloves medium
Magnetic tank bag - sold
Teknic cold weather waterproof gloves
Stem stand to hold electronics on bike
Sound mixer for a bike
Alpinstars race back protector

Forum Jump to "classified"
http://more.sportbikes.com/classifieds/
listed under "accessories"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,210 Posts
i must be having a de de dee moment here. i cant find the thread? im interested in the gloves, stem stand and possibly the back protector. can you pm me a price (individually) for those 3 things?
thanks
dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could not find them either. Apparently, they take some time before they appear. Maybe somebody reviews the adds to see if they are legit. It is posted at this address:

http://more.sportbikes.com/classifieds//index.php

The back protector is nearly new and cost $140. I am asking $95.

The Mix-It1 sound mixer, patch cord and the stem stand cost $240 new. I am asking $180 and I am giving away free patch cords and helmet speakers with it.

The Teknic cold weather gloves are $30 if you pick them up and $40 if I have to mail them to you.

The GP tech gloves cost $240 new. You can pick them up for $110 or $120 if I mail them to you.

If you can't find them on the board, I can email photos to you. Just pm me your email address.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
sounds like youre sellin all your stuff and getting out of riding?...im not up to date on the details of your business but is that whats happening?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am selling my gear because I will not be riding in the future. It was a promice that I made to my wife when I was in the hospital. She didn't want to have to visit me there any more. It was too stressfull for her. I will miss riding a lot, but I love my wife more than I love riding. So all the gear goes. I posted a lot of it on Craigs list, but I could not see it right away after it was posted there, either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have my leather track pants, a joe rocket mesh jacket, and a 2 piece Aerostich with all the insulation and soft armor that goes with it. I haven't begun to post them yet. I also have a hump for a Busa, some soft luggage for a busa (tail bag and saddle bags). There's a shift light and a yellow box, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
bass boss said:
I am selling my gear because I will not be riding in the future. It was a promice that I made to my wife when I was in the hospital. She didn't want to have to visit me there any more. It was too stressfull for her. I will miss riding a lot, but I love my wife more than I love riding...
Damn, mate, sad to hear you're quittin', but I can totally understand your reasons. I pray that Mrs Tree (or myself for that matter, since she also rides) never has to go through what your wife, family and friends did.

Gonna get back into the music game to compensate???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Sad to hear it also...

As I always say , if it is not in you.. Stepping down is a GREAT idea...

On the downside I have never ever met one person that got in a car wreck and said " Thats it Im never driving a car again "

Awesome Awesome sacrifice for your wife man...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
bass boss said:
I still have my leather track pants, a joe rocket mesh jacket, and a 2 piece Aerostich with all the insulation and soft armor that goes with it. I haven't begun to post them yet. I also have a hump for a Busa, some soft luggage for a busa (tail bag and saddle bags). There's a shift light and a yellow box, too.
Wayne can I get a pic on the tail bag? How does it attach?
you can send the pic directly to [email protected]://www.sportbikeworld.com/.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, Steve. I will try to do the photo next weekend. I was not planning on selling it yet, but only because I am busy with other stuff. It holds on with bungee cords that are attached to the bottom of the tail bag. It actually belongs to my son Andy. He won't be needing it--he sold his Busa while I was still in the hospital.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cookeetree said:
Damn, mate, sad to hear you're quittin', but I can totally understand your reasons. I pray that Mrs Tree (or myself for that matter, since she also rides) never has to go through what your wife, family and friends did.

Gonna get back into the music game to compensate???
No, I am retired from music, too. But I felt like I quit music on a high note. :p If I went back to music, I would have to spend a lot of time practiciing. I haven't played professionally in years. It could be fun, though. I have to admit that the thought has crossed my mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
bass boss said:
No, I am retired from music, too. But I felt like I quit music on a high note. :p If I went back to music, I would have to spend a lot of time practiciing. I haven't played professionally in years. It could be fun, though. I have to admit that the thought has crossed my mind.
I wasn't thnking so much from a professional perspective, just jamming with mates, at the most playing gigs at friends' parties. You know, something to fill the time that was once used for riding.

Sorry for 'jacking your thread. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Wanyne, dood I applause your decision to step down from riding after the crash.....i think it takes a lot of maturity and where-with-all to do so....to be honest (and this is pre crash for me) I dont know what else i would do without riding.....it is such a big part of my life and pretty much defines who i am...."you know Terry"..."no whos that?"...."that fat biker guy with the over priced Harley"..."which one?"....."the one that you may see from time to time riding in a pack of sportbikes and doing wheelies"...."oh yeah"...lol....see....i love it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,254 Posts
Wayne, sorry it ended like it did. I know a lot of people that gave up riding for various reasons but yours is one of the toppers. i would be thankful to be alive and walking and would most likely do the same as you in your situation. I have quit riding a couple of times but always end up back in the saddle....ya never know ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, RS and Judge for your support and understanding. It is certainly difficult to be sitting around while all of the rest of you are out on your bikes. Especially on a warm day like today. I will spend my leisure time doing golf and going to the gym. It is ironic that because riding was such a big part of my life-riding all the time and going almost everywhere on my bike- that I now don't ride at all. If I had been much more moderate about riding and maybe just riding on the weekends or with the group rides, I would still be ok. At this time, I wake up every morning and am happy to still be alive. If you think about it: getting t-boned by a guy in a 7000 pound van going 45-55 mph, I shouldn't be here. I hear the words "wow, you are really lucky to still be alive" about 5 times a day. I am doing much, much better than the dope who hit me. He is dead. Cancer got him 3 months after he hit me. They say that he was going through chemotherapy last July. He was so sick, he should not have been driving. Who know, maybe I will get to ride again someday. I have been married to the same woman for a really long time--it will be 35 years next July. She is still #1. She does not want to see me on a bike again, so I am going to let her have her way. She's usually right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
bass boss said:
Thanks, RS and Judge for your support and understanding. It is certainly difficult to be sitting around while all of the rest of you are out on your bikes. Especially on a warm day like today. I will spend my leisure time doing golf and going to the gym. It is ironic that because riding was such a big part of my life-riding all the time and going almost everywhere on my bike- that I now don't ride at all.......Who know, maybe I will get to ride again someday. I have been married to the same woman for a really long time--it will be 35 years next July. She is still #1. She does not want to see me on a bike again, so I am going to let her have her way. She's usually right.
Couldn't you reach a compromise and just do track days? :eyebrows:

ok, ok
how bout to aid in your motorcycle withdrawls you talk her into one of these. :D
http://www.bajamarine.com/


mb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MB: my wife and I have already had the "track day" conversation. I'll give you one guess about what she said. She would love to have a boat. She's always wanted one. Guess who would be stuck doing all the boat maintenance? Me. I don't think I am ready for boat maintenance. Maybe when we move to a house with a lake in the back yard. As things stand now, we can drive over to her sister's house in Haslet (about 90 miles) and go for a ride on their motor boat; or we can drive to Chicago and ride around on Lake Michigan on my sisters sail boat. A boat would be a good thing for me when I retire and have a lot of time on my hands. Good thoughts, though.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top