Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new program to burn ISO files to DVD. It also has to have the ability to limit the burn rate.

Nero will not allow me to limit my burn rate.

I have been using Slysoft CloneDVD, but today, for no apparent reason, it stopped working. Everytime I start the program, it gives me a fatal exception error. I have even tried reloading, and it didn't work. I know it is not caused by any new software conflicts, because I had already burned 3 dvds before I started getting these messages.

I am right in the middle of trying to move all of my home videos (ISO) to DVD. I've run out of HD space, and need the room for further editing. This is frustrating as hell!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I'd try uninstalling it and wiping its Registry information, which is a likely source of your fatal exception errors. I presume you've already checked out some technical forums and Google for the issue. And I assume you're not running Windows Vista.

How about an open source burning software tool?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kanwisch said:
I'd try uninstalling it and wiping its Registry information, which is a likely source of your fatal exception errors. I presume you've already checked out some technical forums and Google for the issue. And I assume you're not running Windows Vista.

How about an open source burning software tool?

I have tried uninstalling and cleaning the reg a few times now. Definitely searched and checked the forums. Nope... not running vista. Running Windows XP. I have been running this program for about a year and a half now. I was in the process of trying to burn my 4th dvd when this happened.

I love open source. I use open source progs whenever possible. I take it you know of one or two for burning iso?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That program actually has the working drop down menu! I tried MagicISO and Nero, which both have dropdown menus, and the menus didnt work. They were stuck on "Maximum".

Ill let you know if this works.

Thanks for the help, either way. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts