Sportbike World banner

Is this the end of the world?

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  sikander 
#1 ·
Those whacky Europeans are preparing to fire up a particle collider that they hope will create a black hole. Of course it will be too small to actually do anything and will blink out of existence almost immediately, but they are hoping to reveal some more info on the creation of the universe, matter, etc. Pretty interesting.

#2 ·
Yey! so when is the world supposed to end?

Btw, this is a great example as to why the precautionary principle is a crock of shit.

#3 ·
Lol, I grabbed this from another forum where they were talking about how it might end up creating a black hole that consumes the particle collider, and then the earth. Personally, I don't understand a lot of how it works, but I find it intriguing nonetheless.

#4 ·
The only people who are making that claim are either quacks, or people who repeat what quacks say. This about them as the physics equivalent of truthers. What the LHC might do, is explain what dark matter is, and square relativity with quantum mechanics, and explain what the four forces are all about.
I mean, we tought we were really cool when we discovered atoms, the building blocks of nature. Except, of course, that 90% of nature, isn't actually made out of atoms. oops

#6 ·
#7 ·
Yup, end of the world....sell all your shit, send all the money to the mods. Bend over, kiss your ass goodbye. :hello:

#8 ·
i saw about this hadron collider in the science channel, I am super duper interested in this kind if stuff, I have recorded an episode showing the buildling of it, and like three others... awesome stuff.....

to get intellectuall here.... if you have a single sandwich, and then cut it in half, now you have two halves of a whole sandwich.... essentially you have to new pieces, you get me...?

What I think.... is... now im prolly wrong... but just hear me out... that there are only three fundimental particles, the proton, the neutron, and the electrons... plus their anti-selves, the positron, neutrino, and anti-proton.....

Now talking about my sandwich theory... this hadron collider slams two protons at eachother 10 kilometers slower than the speed of light.... when they hit eachother, they 'break apart' into those 'fundimental particles' that they are looking for, thats the reason why they build this hadron collider, to find these fundimentals.... well If you have one proton here and another proton here, SMASH, and collapsed into smaller pieced, I hypothesize that it is still a proton, just in a smaller piece, like my half sandwich theory

I take a bow, and ate the other half
bring on the rotten produce :twofingers:

#9 ·
oh yes, I forgot to say my catch line.... "its so simple, it's beautiful"

also, I dont hypothesize that gravity is not a particle, gravity is maganitism and the collection of matter.... we have been able to levatate a frog from magnitism, basically cancelling out earth magnetic field with another, levetating a frog.... when we are out of earths magnetic field, we float freely. when we are in earth field, we are stuck... not to say there are no forces acting upon us, we are not totally out of earths field but our velocity cancels out whata left....

rotten produce ??? :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.