Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like this site has had less and less posting in the last few months. I am really wondering what is happening to every one. I can hear the crickets. Its kind of sad their use to be alot of people hear and ever since the merger its gone downhill. Well....... well peace everyone.:(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It's because many people are becoming anal retentive a'holes who are reminding me a lot like old people who are so bullheaded that their word is like SCRIPTURE!

I don't know...maybe I'm just grumpy today...

·
Registered
499 Posts
It happens pretty much every year. The site will slow down for a while then when winter hits everyone who "winterizes" jumps back on the site because all they can do is dream about riding. Dont worry your sweet little head, this place has been through worse than a lag in posters. ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
i've been out riding ;)

-chr|s sedition

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
i dont sit in front of my computer as much in the summer as i do in the winter, especially this year. New girlfriend, good job, new hobbies. The internet just isn't a top priority for me anymore. However I will always post here, and probably no where else.

·
Registered
518 Posts
This past winter I figured "ok its off-season" but it hasn't really ever picked up the way it was a year or two ago....new blood is cool, but where are the "old faithfuls"???? Also, lots of people stick to their own sub-forums, and don't really venture out. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
RSVRick said:
This past winter I figured "ok its off-season" but it hasn't really ever picked up the way it was a year or two ago....new blood is cool, but where are the "old faithfuls"???? Also, lots of people stick to their own sub-forums, and don't really venture out. just my :2cents:
I know personally a few of the old timers don't post on here any more. I post and read on here on occassion, not nearly as much as I used to, just don't seem to have the time for internet activities much any more.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I haven't been on here in a few months....too busy with work and readjusting to life up North. Plus I haven't had the bike and every trip to this site reminds me of how the shop isn't getting the work done on my bike and it gets to me all over again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
wheelie123 said:
Plus I haven't had the bike and every trip to this site reminds me of how the shop isn't getting the work done on my bike and it gets to me all over again. :rolleyes:
You don't have your bike back yet, you must be going through some major withdrawals. How long has it been since riding, about 2 yrs?:eek:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ga_skyline_rydr said:
You don't have your bike back yet, you must be going through some major withdrawals. How long has it been since riding, about 2 yrs?:eek:
Dude, don't even get me started. I dropped the bike off to them on April 15th. It is now July 10th. You do the math. What work is being done? Install a jet kit, flush and rehydrate bike with all fluids (oils, etc.), install a sprocket, install frame sliders, try and tweak the subframe back to somewhat normal (CompuTrack in Boston is waiting to get the bike to realign it), and remount all newly painted fairings (gloss black throughout and all stickers removed---she looks SICK!!). I....don't...think....that....takes 3 months, does it? I mean, unless you're mentally AND physically challenged. These guys sucks. For anyone up North, do NOT, I repeat DO NOT EVER GO TO ONE WHEEL DRIVE IN CONWAY, NH!!! :finger: :mad: :finger: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
By the time they get done picking your pocket, you could have bought a new bike.:crying:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yeah, that's true. I think that we are going to take the shop to court. When I get the bill on Tuesday, if anything is funny about it, I am faxing the bill to our attorney. This shop did the wrong thing to the wrong person.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
wheelie123 said:
Yeah, that's true. I think that we are going to take the shop to court. When I get the bill on Tuesday, if anything is funny about it, I am faxing the bill to our attorney. This shop did the wrong thing to the wrong person.
You will have to do your homework first, like cost comparison, labor rates and etc, before an attorney will look at it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Oh, trust me, I know. The guy that did most of the work to this bike back in Atlanta is a certified mechanic for all 4 brands, but he has spent the majority of his time on Kawasaki's (i.e. how I met him---at the dealership where I purchased my 9), and he knows what's going on. He is going to take a look at the bill and tell me if it's straight or not. Harry, 3 months to install a jet kit, a sprocket, frame sliders, and fairings? That's 4 hours, tops. Not 3 months. A lot of people around me are a lot more upset about how the shop has treated me, and I am just following their advice. What it boils down to is that I have been treated like crap, and they have not followed through on a single self-imposed deadline. And I have missed out on 2 months of riding time. To give them some credit, they did have to wait for a while for the fairings to get painted, but that was a month ago when they got the plastics back. The lawsuit is a last step, absolutely, but one that's looking more and more realistic at this point. This sucks. All I will say is: check a shop out before you leave your bike there.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
wheelie123 said:
Oh, trust me, I know. The guy that did most of the work to this bike back in Atlanta is a certified mechanic for all 4 brands, but he has spent the majority of his time on Kawasaki's (i.e. how I met him---at the dealership where I purchased my 9), and he knows what's going on. He is going to take a look at the bill and tell me if it's straight or not. Harry, 3 months to install a jet kit, a sprocket, frame sliders, and fairings? That's 4 hours, tops. Not 3 months. A lot of people around me are a lot more upset about how the shop has treated me, and I am just following their advice. What it boils down to is that I have been treated like crap, and they have not followed through on a single self-imposed deadline. And I have missed out on 2 months of riding time. To give them some credit, they did have to wait for a while for the fairings to get painted, but that was a month ago when they got the plastics back. The lawsuit is a last step, absolutely, but one that's looking more and more realistic at this point. This sucks. All I will say is: check a shop out before you leave your bike there.
Dude, looks like you know what you are doing. However, after you have done all of your home work contact Clark Howard on AM 750 here in Atlanta and he might be able to save you time and money on a lawsuit.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Thanks, man. Clark's the MAN!
I wrote on their website a while back about a brake shop's attempted rape on my wallet: a brake shop there tried to charge me $3800 to fix my brakes. $3800!! That, AND they tried to strong-arm me in the shop by having 2 big guys talk to me in the corner of the garage. For $3800 dude, I could have put an entire Brembo big-brake kit on my car. They gave me this BS about how the car was unsafe and that they would not be held liable for an accident once I left their shop. I told them to put the brakes back on my car, and I'd go elsewhere. They said, OK, but in order for you to leave this shop, you will have to sign a release form to remove any liability from us. I said 'you guys must think I was born yesterday. Do you think I just fell off of the turnip truck? Do you see a pair of boobs on my chest? Do you think I'm going to fall for this shit like some innocent little girl who doesn't know anything about cars, and who falls for this strong-arm BS, unsafe-vehicle tactic? The BS you guys have given me is hilarious, and I know that only 10% of it is true....that's it. For $3800, I better get an entire new Brembo system on this car, AND a full date with the finest hooker in Atlanta. Put my brakes back on my car, give me your release form to sign, and make 3 extra copies of it for me, my attorney, and Clark Howard. I will be waiting in the lobby until you put these brakes back on, and then I am taking it elsewhere.' After hearing 'Brembo', 'little girl', 'attorney', and 'Clark Howard', I have never seen mechanics move so fast in my life. They were still picking their chins up off of the floor when I left. What happened? I had already contacted a dealership and told them of my problem. They said to bring it in and they'd do it immediately. My cost at the dealership, including an oil change AND electrical repair? $680! From a dealer!! When I told the dealership what the brake shop had tried to charge me, they stopped me and said 'Don't tell us the name of the shop that tried this on you, we'll guess, and we'll tell you what they tried to stick you with and how they told you.' They not only guessed the first time, but they told me everything that shop had tried to do, without me giving them a single detail.
The brake shop that tried to screw me is at the corner of North Druid Hills and I-85, right before getting on I-85 North. I can't remember the name, but their sign is tall and green with yellow letters. The Jeep dealer that hooked me up was Nalley Jeep.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts