Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is really skeptical about the best bike out there (Hayabusa). Are there any owners or people that have ridden that can give us insight as to pros and cons/comparisons with smaller sporty bikes. Thanks!
Ride Safe

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why would you think the 'busa is the best sportbike out there? I don't agree personally... There's so many bikes I would rather have. An R1 will keep up to it until maybe 150mph and spank the living hell out of it in the turns... The ZX-12 is exactly what the busa is except 100cc's at a disadvantage... And the 12R will spank the bus in the corners and run or pass it in the straights....

I personally think there are so many better motorcycles out there for the money, that are good looking to boot. The Hayabusa is no doubt a performance dynamo but that's about it IMO.

Ian

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have to agree with 2000VFR here for the most part. I mean, I think the level of a bike's superiority can't truly be measured because everyone has a different riding style and type of riding they prefer.

You like to be squidly and make yourself by spanking people in a straight line?: Hayabusa or ZX12r.

You like to have speed, insane acceleration, and amazing handling?: R1 or 929rr.

You like good acceleration and amazing handling without threat of wheelstands every time you get on the throttle?: Any Japanese 600 (Triumph tt600's suck ass). Then there always the SV650's and such out there, which are great bikes in their own rite.

Summary: What you do on a bike decides its superiority.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I worded that incorrectly. I don't think the Busa is supreme, It's my friend. (I'd have one if I thought it was the best : ) HAHA) Thanks for the info, I'll make sure he sees it.
Ride Safe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top of the Food Chain

Yes the busa is the best. I just traded my 2k gsxr750 for a 2k1 busa and have not even had my first servicing done yet and I believe that it is waaaaay superior to the gixxer. I not only say this because of the speed/acceleration. I can take the twisties with far more confidence also. I think that the added weight and lower center of gravity works to it's advantage. I am not a professional rider by any means, but I believe that i could kill another rider with same skill level that is riding ANY other bike. Your are either on one or behind one.......PERIOD!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is the Busa the best bike?? Interesting question. If your goal is straight line speed...sure its the best..nothing can top it (unless you unlock the power of the zx-12). Sorry busa owners :) but when you get into the corners..nothing beats a short wheel-base light bike.

And anyone knows that any moron can go 150 in a straight line, but it takes true skill to zip through twisties. You can take some good skill level riders and put one on a 600 or 750 and he/she will beat a busa in the corners...get someone on an R-1, the busa hasnt a chance. But give the busa a straight away and your eatin dust.

So it depends what your looking for: You want a good ride, fun twisties, and lots of enjoyable miles...get a lighter, better handling sportbike. Want to pose all day, red light race, go 180 in straight lines, pull wheelies at 120+, and not keep up with your friends on smaller bikes in the twisties, then a busa is for you.

There are several videos out there that show the difference...the video MACH2 has an r-1 vs a busa...check it out..its shows the powers of both bikes. Both are excellent bikes, it just depends on what your looking for.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Busa is amazing in the aerodynamics department but the ZX 12R only needs a fairing change to pass it. My zx9R is a little heavier in weight (400 lbs) but I still wish I had a 600 when in the really tight stuff. I couldn't imagine trying to throw a busa back and forth. I am really happy with my bike and am tuning my skills to the best I can. I will probably never race but I will be at the track checking my limitations and I suggest that you take your busa to the track to check your lap times. You would be shocked at the little guys abilities. I have taken my ZX9R to a hair over 190 MPH how fast is a busa?

P

·
0 Posts
CanuckZX9R said:
I have taken my ZX9R to a hair over 190 MPH how fast is a busa?
Probably in the neighborhood of about 15mph faster, considering the fact that your 190mph is "indicated," not actual. Not that it matters, though.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Re: Top of the Food Chain

illwill1300 said:
I am not a professional rider by any means, but I believe that i could kill another rider with same skill level that is riding ANY other bike. Your are either on one or behind one.......PERIOD!
I'm not trying to argue but surely you are not talking about tight twisty roads? I'm no professional rider but most guys on 'Busas are not going to be in front of most current sportbikes. Get the 'Busa into something with some sweepers and a few straights and you have a difficult bike to beat. ;)

As for it being the best, not for what I want a sportbike for. The 'Busa is a great bike in its own right but it is only the greatest bike to the guy that owns it and feels it is best(such as illwill1300) and there is nothing wrong with that. :cool: It is an opinion.....PERIOD. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mach 3 video

According to the Mach 3 video - test of the 2000 model big dogs,
Honda CB1100XX, Kawasaki ZX12R, Suzuki Hayabusa and a Ferrari to carry the equipment.

In the mountains the Hayabusa won.
On topend the ZX12 left them all.
Best wheelies beloew 150 mph the XX actually won that one.
Ferrari won best luggage carrier and is shown topped out and being passed by the 'busa and ZX at a 50 mph higher speed.

I think that the best bike is the one who's in front after that first turn on your favorite twisties : )

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well I've rode them both. But I would prefer mine (ZX6R) over his (Busa) only because of the way they handle. When your making a turn and you only slightly twist the throttle to pick up some speed and the back wheel about slides out from under you, you will know what I mean. But on the other hand it was a very comfy ride and nice ergos I thought. The Busa can be either a pussycat or reach up and punch you in the forehead. I trust my bike more than his as far as handling. Especially in the cornering as forementioned. You only have to look at the throttle and the Busa takes off.

The Ninja sometimes needs convinced that it can do amazing things, but I trust what it's going to do next more. And I have a lot more confidence with it as far as the corners go.

That's my 2cents

·
Registered
129 Posts
reasons i dont like the busa:

fairing is huge and ugly looking
costs a lot compared to other bikes i want

reasons i do like the busa:

$10,000 machine that can do 0-100 mph in 5.4 seconds (F1 race cars do it in 4.8)
would be neat to have a machine that can travel 220+ mph over land in my garage
its big and seems like it would be comfy on long trips

·
Registered
1 Posts
busa better?

I have ridden for many years and have ridden many different bikes. I totally agree with the above posts. I have ridden a busa and I ride a r1 and r6. The first tight corner I thought that I was going to pivot on the foot peg, after that I caught up to my buddy who was riding my r1 and pulled him over and gave his bike back. This might be a great bike, but for what I use it for its not. I am told that its very comfortable on long rides(more of a straight up posture) I personally felt that I was sitting in a hole. So for cruising and the ocassional blast to 190 its great, but for riding into a corner and not worrying if you gonna scrape your peg instead of your knee, i'll pass. Jmo!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Re: Top of the Food Chain

illwill1300 said:
Yes the busa is the best. I just traded my 2k gsxr750 for a 2k1 busa and have not even had my first servicing done yet and I believe that it is waaaaay superior to the gixxer. I not only say this because of the speed/acceleration. I can take the twisties with far more confidence also. I think that the added weight and lower center of gravity works to it's advantage. I am not a professional rider by any means, but I believe that i could kill another rider with same skill level that is riding ANY other bike. Your are either on one or behind one.......PERIOD!
I'll take that challenge.

Who's holding the money?:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not really to brag, its just the truth. It handles 10 times better than the busa, and is almost as fast. Bikes are all about handling and if you have one that has amazing speed as well, what more can you ask for?

P

·
0 Posts
Gixxerdude said:
Not really to brag, its just the truth. It handles 10 times better than the busa, and is almost as fast. Bikes are all about handling and if you have one that has amazing speed as well, what more can you ask for?
I don't dispute the fact that the 1000 is a better handling bike than the Busa when it comes to sportbike duty, but that's not where the Busa was designed to compete. Your comment "there's no other bike" is what prompted my reply. Have fun, it surely is one helluva bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts