Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about trading a 99 R1 for a 00 R1. Do you think there is a big difference in the bikes appearance and performance thats worth the extra bucks. The reason i aske there is a person thats selling his 00 R1 for 8500 or best offer.

Tony

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's your money and what you do with it is your business but my question is what are you going to do when the 2001 comes out?

------------------
'99 GSX-R 750
Stress relief at it's best....

·
Registered
275 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cetro2:
What do you guys think about trading a 99 R1 for a 00 R1. Do you think there is a big difference in the bikes appearance and performance thats worth the extra bucks. The reason i aske there is a person thats selling his 00 R1 for 8500 or best offer.

Tony
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me it would depend on what you have invested into the 99' Are there any aftermarket parts on the 99? Are they interchangable with the 00'? All things being equal I would keep the 99' and take any money you have and put it into some good tires, track time or other goodies.

------------------
RLJ3RD
"The only thing worse than regret is not trying"

·
Registered
328 Posts
The rumors are getting stronger all the time, that the 2001 will have ram-air and fuel injection! It might be worth waiting...

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

·
Registered
130 Posts
AZ,
i have decided to wait for the 2001 R1 just for those rumors. you got any other info? who's your source if you dont mind my asking.
i debated with the '00 vs '01 question for a long time and chose to wait.
i know the district manager of the east coast (sort of) and he said that he finds out at the end of august at the convention in vegas about the changes next year. the dealers dont hear anything till mid-sept. will keep you posted...

---------
arif

·
Registered
328 Posts
My dealer/sponsor sort of implied it one day, though he's probably not supposed to say anything (they still have to sell 2000's, of course...). I also heard it from some friends who work with the British magazines.

That's about all there is for now, but it would make sense.

For cetro2, if you already have a '99, I don't think it would even be worth the hassle to trade it for a '00. There are some minor improvements, and I do think it looks a little sharper than the previous ones, but not enough that I would bother selling one and buying another.

In fact, everyone says the brakes are actually better on the older ones!

If the 2001 rumors are true, I may just have to trade in my trusty old YZF1000R! Since I'm the only one left in Tucson who doesn't own an R1, I may as well give in!

:) :) :)

------------------
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're stupid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a very noticable difference between the '00 and the pre-'00. It's not one huge thing that is quickly detected by the un-knowing, not say as obvious as '99 vs '00 GSX-R. But ride a '00 hard & long over unfamilar roads... You'll notice a big difference. Miwa's a caggy bugger, he's a student of study. If the FI isn't perfect, he won't let get to production. The fairing will be the same as the '00; perhaps BNG.

Cheers

------------------

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Is it hard to walk around with that money coming out of your ass? Does it hurt?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cetro2:

Tony
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tristan:
Is it hard to walk around with that money coming out of your ass? Does it hurt?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe they're called 'checks'. :D

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
If the new R1 looks as good as the 2000
model and it does come with FI and Ram Air
then I'll be selling mine relativley cheap! :)

------------------
I've got what it takes to take what you've got.

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1:
If the new R1 looks as good as the 2000
model and it does come with FI and Ram Air
then I'll be selling mine relativley cheap! :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After ragging that bitch out like you do, you have no choice but to sell cheap.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
After ragging that bitch out like you do, you have no choice but to sell cheap.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey pete, looks like you may have a chance at another new bike :)

seriously, how do you like the hawk? a few of my friend tried really hard to talk me into one.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cbrf2boy:

seriously, how do you like the hawk? a few of my friend tried really hard to talk me into one.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony, right now the VTR suits me just fine, for my skill level and riding style. I'm not as smitten with it as I was with the 929RR, though. At your level, if you were thinking v-twins, I would think that you'd be happier with the RC51 or Mille.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts