Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a friend of mine who was saying that if I can fight back the urge to buy a bike this summer and wait till late fall and winter I can save me a reasonable amount of money. Does anyone know if bikes get cheaper around this time just cause people are not out riding them? If so would it be a worth it to wait till winter?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
On average in the northern states there is some truth to that but at any given time, any one deal, who knows? The reverse is true when it's time to sell. Sell in the spring, buy in the fall or winter. Actually, my last two bikes were purchased in Nov. and Feb. In the south, where you can ride year round I don't know of that really applies.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
bikes are like computers, you always buy too soon.

if you're looking for a new bike, the newer bikes are always cooler.

if you're looking for a used one, the new kick ass bike will come out and yesterday's latest greatest will be for sale cheap so johnny can be the first on the block to own it.

but at some point you have jump into it head first.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well there's always gonna be good deals around no matter what time of year. Just to give you a way to look up local sales of different bikes and to get a good idea of what a particular bike is bringing go to...... http://www.cycletrader.com . I still look there even though i just got my bike :)!

·
Registered
987 Posts
The way I see it, every day without a bike is one less day in my life I get to ride. If you want one, go ahead and get one. Shop around like chief said, and save your money. When you have the money, the right bike will come find you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
FZR400Tony said:
bikes are like computers, you always buy too soon.

if you're looking for a new bike, the newer bikes are always cooler.

if you're looking for a used one, the new kick ass bike will come out and yesterday's latest greatest will be for sale cheap so johnny can be the first on the block to own it.

but at some point you have jump into it head first.
Hey was that comment directed towards me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
RCjohn said:
From what I have seen this part of the south is the same as the north to some degree... buy in Fall/Winter, sell in Spring. :)
John you know that nothing is the same with the north and south :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts