Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this real or a photo-chop? And obviously this guy is talented...but it kind of looks like he missed the apex and thats why he had to use so much lean. Am I right at all or is it my eyes playing tricks on me. Hope this isn't a repost just thought it was an interesting shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
poppincaps88 said:
Is this real or a photo-chop? And obviously this guy is talented...but it kind of looks like he missed the apex and thats why he had to use so much lean. Am I right at all or is it my eyes playing tricks on me. Hope this isn't a repost just thought it was an interesting shot.
It's just the angle of the photo that makes it look fake. Turn your head so that the ground appears level and you'll see that he's not leaning any further than any other racer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Re: Is it real?

cookeetree said:
Turn your head so that the ground appears level
thanks for the suggestion!!! before I read that all I was thinking was; man I gotta get me some tires like that!!
LOL:twofinger

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
its what we like to call the composition a "dynamic shot". The orientation of the picture is not level in either portrait or landscape mode. It brings a sense of chaos, action, and thrill into an utherwise normal/boring picture (boring because it doesn't follow the rule of thirds").

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cookee thanks for that suggestion. I did as you said and all of a sudden that picture didn't look all that grand. Jbaz you definitely need to pursue photography cause it really sounds like you know your stuff. Is that your focus in college? Cause it really seems like it should be.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
poppincaps88 said:
Cookee thanks for that suggestion. I did as you said and all of a sudden that picture didn't look all that grand...
Don't get me wrong, he's still hooking into that corner and it's a great use of photographic "trickery" to deceive the mind. :thumb:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I definitely agree the guy is talented like I said earlier. Though I'm still wondering if in fact he did miss the apex of that turn...Maybe to use more lean at less speed to create a good shot?

·
Registered
892 Posts
ya, it took me a minute or two of bending my head to get the picture level, he is dangerously close to and ashphault slip and slide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts