Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Have knowen of two bikes that were traded in on cages. One was a Suzy GSXR-750 only a year old. Once I was finished with them pointing out reasons I would not go for their price, as of that date they had very few interested in the bike.

In honesty they were glad to get rid of the loss as the original owner conned them with a New rear tyre only it was a bais tyre & so a new front tyre as well, that it needed a new chain & sprocket, price was a grand to high even for a bike in Excellent condition, that the fariing would have to be repaired as bike had been dropped on both sides, probably while in the showroom,, new battery, new brake & clutch levers, new brake pads for front & rear, new grips, tool bag missing, tar on the header pipes, & on & on I went.

The other was a Moto Guzzi 750 & it would not run, nor start in the car place & with some work, by our mechanic, plus a new battery it was fine. Still later on they also sold the bike at way below the price they gave for the trade-in on the cage----to someone out of town.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Speed54 said:
... trade in a car for a motorcycle at a dealer ? or do they only take bikes for bikes ?
You can only ask. They can only say, "No."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts